New Zoning/Early Closure Thread

ya'll forget one thing here.

the main effect is not just on the few farang oriented nightlife areas, but on thailand's nightlife alltogther.

the three zones here in bangkok are for farang and for the affluent thais and other asians. the millions of average wage earners cannot afford to drink in any of those areas.

think about what happens when some average somsak cannot get pissed anymore and forget his depressions?

my prediction is: another huge surge in violence. :(

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lazyphil

<<think about what happens when some average somsak cannot get pissed anymore and forget his depressions?>>

In my mrs old bkk slum local lads bought beer from a store and hung out outside their shacks drinking and messing about--this before these measures. Nothing really stopping this carrying on??? Just my observations.

>>>Nothing really stopping this carrying on??? Just my observations. <<<

that of course depends also on how serious they will be with enforcing the 10 o'clock curfew for the under 18 year olds. who wants to get pissed when constantly a copper walks around, checks ID's, and hazzles everybody else. not really my idea of fun...

<But Thanit Thammasukti, advisor to Beer Thai, the bottler of the Beer Chang, predicted little effect on sales.

''By midnight, most people are already drunk and will stop ordering drinks anyway,'' he said>

:banghead:

i will change my drinking habits and order singha instead of chang; this will have a significant impact on their sales! :neener:

Speaking with a soi cowboy bar owner last night , she seemed unsure of the implications of the new rules and said there would be a meeting of all affected parties within the next few days.

Why are many people here pretty certain what is going to happen next month when she is unsure do you think?

rompandadam said:

Speaking with a soi cowboy bar owner last night , she seemed unsure of the implications of the new rules and said there would be a meeting of all affected parties within the next few days.

Why are many people here pretty certain what is going to happen next month when she is unsure do you think?

1. she has less sources of information than some of the board members do

2. she has vested interest in keeping you the customer, the employees and others in a hopeful, positive frame of mind

3. some members here have inside information that few bar owners could obtain

4. some members here have a more objective view of the gameplay book

5. she may suffer from the 'can't see the forest for the trees' syndrome.

If one recalls all the hype that went on re closings etc before APEC, I think the most accurate pre-event overviews were expressed here on this board.

Same will be true here again .. but as there is, as on any public board, a diveresty of opinions expressed here, it is up to you to decide which of these viewpoint is the most salient.

The 10 PM curfew has already been slammed by the Education Minister, who wants to know why no one even talked to him about matters affecting students. He said it was ridiculous for them to copy word for word a decree issued by a military junta 30 plus years ago.

Most interesting that an allegedly democratic government is so infatuated with the actions of the military dictators of the past ...

Archived