whats the problem with 1996 $100 bills ?

OCgringo

Hi all...

wondering what the problem with these bills are ?

all the small exchange offices will not accept them ,

is it the same at banks ?

I looked thru my piles of hundreds and most of them are 1996 !

never thought to look at them when I was home ....

Anyway am I going to have the same problem at the bank?

thanks for your advise.....

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There was a huge number of counterfeits made in Malaysia in 97-98 ........... so good that the banks won't touch that series. Think they even managed to get their hands on some real paper. So the Thai banks will take them, they just want to send them to Wash DC for verification before they release your funds. :rolleyes:

OCgringo said:

looked thru my piles of hundreds and most of them are 1996 !

What are you doing with piles of hundred dollars bill anyway??? Inviting BGs over to roll naked in them :D It would be a disaster if your hundreds were bent also but if the banks can't tell than who can?

Well they can from the bank in the USA, but if they were real good fakes then who knows....

yes that would be a good picture , you would probably never see a bigger smile , she would think her dreams came thru....

unfortunately its just a small pile , and yes its in the hotel saftey box.......

LaoHuLi said: So the Thai banks will take them, they just want to send them to Wash DC for verification before they release your funds. :rolleyes:

Yep. Paid for GFs new tits with 14 of em. Took a few weeks for the bank to release the funds. Gave us a photo copy of each one.

God I hope the SOB banging her now is enjoying that gift!

well it seems that a regular bank does not have a problem !

I just got back from the bank , they have a UV light scanner , scanned them , and handed over the baht !

this was 5-1996s

and one 1999 that the small exchange place would not take

thanks for your advise, and next time I will look closer because I could have been in deep shit if no -one would take them !

Archived