Daily rants by pissed off airline workers

UPSer,

Thanks for keeping it warm! I go back to work tomorrow When I get to explain my role in approximately $250,000 worth of damage due to bad tooling! just because I "was in the area when it happened..." lousy fucks! No doubt, I'll have to explain my job to some power suited desk jockey, who couldn't do the job to save his life, and only got where he is due to a lawsuit and sucking the right dick...

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Old hippie--

Welcome back to the "United family that cares and focuses on compassion and professionalism"... this was taken directly from UA's mission statement as printed in their 1999 Annual Shareholder report.. which also reported another huge-ass loss...

Have a good day!

--UPSer

laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0

I?m not an airline worker but I?ve got a complaint about them. Not all of them... just Northwest Airlines flight attendants and gate workers. I live in a hub city and NW has a near monopoly here. I fly approximately 50k miles a year usually coach. I find them rude and stubborn. On almost every flight I am victim or witness to poor customer service.

For example - Last week on a flight to Europe a bitchy flight attendant announced, ?It is now time for us to come by with the duty free cart. Sit down in your seats so that we may do the job demanded of us?. Her tone of voice was unbelievable.

Personally I think NW should do little customer service training or clean house and fire their current flight attendants.

Note. KLM (a Northwest partner) does not have this problem.

UPSer

LOL ! I can't believe that a Customs officer would even get involved in such a problem. If the incident took place in a clearance line upon arrival, I could see it possibly happening. Sounds like your friend lucked out and got some "Customs officer" pulling some crap. He doesn't have any authority in such matters--and for him to threaten an "arrest" was really a stupid thing to do. Again, he doesn't have any authority to require ID except in a Customs-controlled zone or incident to an arrest. And he certainly has no authority to provide such ID info to a third party.

Aloha,

Big Dick....you said yourself that you live in a NW hub city that they have a monopoly in. It would therefore be safe to say most, if not all your travel, is on NW domestically. So you would only see the NWA problem employees. Believe me, all airlines have problem employees. Taking it a step further, all businesses have problem employees. You just don't see them all but they are out there.

quote:

Originally posted by TroyinEwa1:

Aloha,

Big Dick....you said yourself that you live in a NW hub city that they have a monopoly in. It would therefore be safe to say most, if not all your travel, is on NW domestically. So you would only see the NWA problem employees. Believe me, all airlines have problem employees. Taking it a step further, all businesses have problem employees. You just don't see them all but they are out there.

Hola Troy

In the last year I've traveled on Continental, US Air, KLM and Air Canada. NW is in a catagory by itself.

quote:

Originally posted by Big_Dick:

I?m not an airline worker but I?ve got a complaint about them. Not all of them... just Northwest Airlines flight attendants and gate workers. I live in a hub city and NW has a near monopoly here. I fly approximately 50k miles a year usually coach. I find them rude and stubborn. On almost every flight I am victim or witness to poor customer service.

For example - Last week on a flight to Europe a bitchy flight attendant announced, ?It is now time for us to come by with the duty free cart. Sit down in your seats so that we may do the job demanded of us?. Her tone of voice was unbelievable.

Personally I think NW should do little customer service training or clean house and fire their current flight attendants.

Note. KLM (a Northwest partner) does not have this problem.

This pretty much goes back to issues raised in the thread that led to this one. Basically, the flight attendants salary is low, so the picking are slim, in addition, they get jerked around a lot, last minute schedule changes, which disrupt their lives on a sort of "do it or you are fired" type thing. And frankly, they just can't hire the best people anymore. Same is true with customer service people, the ones who work the gates. So it is a bad situation. The question is this, how much would you pay extra to get better service? that is the key question here. A lot of people want royal service on a peasants budget.

Big_Dick --

Unlike Troy & Hippie, I am not an airline employee and travel v-e-r-y frequently.. My take on this kind of goes like this...

Did it happen like you mention..

Most likely (or really close to that)..

Did she mean (intend) for it to "come out" like that? Most likely NOT...

Troy & Hippie are right.. the vast (and I mean vast) majority of airline employees (especially the cabin crews) are paid poorly (on a relative basis).. However, most all flight attendants WANT to deliver good service, most want to do a good job, most want to accomodate passengers (when they can).. afterall they entered these jobs knowing the pay.

True, once in a while we all run into "bad attitude" airline employees [bad attitude employees exsist in every occupation]..

to be fair, I am sure WE all have been the ones being rude from time-to-time also.. I'll admit to this one myself..

Is situation most prevelant in the US?? I think so.. why? not sure.. could be a cultural issue.. could be how our air travel system is set up.. don't know..

I think that (oftenly) the cabin crew get the "brunt end" of a passengers wrath who has already run the gauntlet of long check-in lines, multiple security checks/lines and a cattle-call boarding process.. by the time this guy gets onboard he's already in a semi-bad mood to begin with..

I'm not by any means trying to defend poor service standards by cabin crew.. I'm sure we've all had run in's with these people.. I don't think one airline has the market "cornered" on these employees. Every airline has some.

I also think that passengers (sometimes) don't help their cases any by their attitude and behaviour once onboard.

The fact that you live in (or fly from) a gateway city only magnifies this whole issue immensly, but the basic situation itself remains the same.

IMHO.

--UPSer

laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0

Archived