Worst TV-Series Ever Made

Straycat

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi OH,

'Friends' is just one in a long line of really puerile attempts at entertainment which have managed to capture the moronic youth market. Here are the other tributes to insipid mediocrity, IMO :

Charmed

Bev Hills 90210

Orange County

Sweet Valley High

7th Heaven

Melrose Place

Love Boat - OK, a bit dated, but it sucked so TOTALLY !

Basically, anything where Aaron Spelling has so much as seen the script is doomed, for mine. Other than the occasional flash of cleavage, his productions are notable for the fact that they seem to have been written by direct descendants of the team responsible for 'The Brady Bunch' and 'The Waltons'. Please Lord, make it stop.

Whenever I see Californian teenagers cavorting under palm trees, I just know that I'm about to have some quality time in my garden.

<There is no such as 'bad' TV... >

I would tend to agree with that. I have been known to watch test cards. In fact where I live one channel showed a loop of a fireplace with a log burning over the Christmas period. It was called 'Log' and it was very popular. About once an hour a hand would emerge and replace the log. The hand got marriage proposals. :)

Chuck, with your connection with 'The North' (Granadaland) and bad taste in TV (although, who is the arbiter?) then you, me and Sileakhunt could pass a pleasant afternoon together with some Northern Soul, the Fall and Stone Roses?

Can I bring my rare 'Coronation Street' VHS videos though?

:)

Archived