1-2-Call starter pack

Fatboy

LaoHuLi said:
valentinoxxx said:

Could have been that your mobile was not compatible with the PCN1800 network. This can be the case if you have a North American Tri Band model. In that case you are stuck with One2Call.

Not sure what the difference would be on an unlocked North American triband 800/1800/1900 Ericson T-200 ....... can you elaborate please ?

If it were the case that the mobile you speak of using the above frequencies, the One2Call SIM card would not work, as One2Call use the 900 system. HappyDprompt use the 1800 system.

So, if you are correct about the frequencies that the telephone utilises, it would be the HappyDrompt SIM that would work and not the One2Call.

OK, I'll recheck what I posted, but, in this particular case the Happy wouldn't work and the dealer acutally took out a whole stack of themy and sent his lad to return them, old stock??? no idea.

Apologies for previous post the Model supports gsm 900/1800/1900 so both should have worked.

Anyway the point of all this is that you should get someone at the store to test your new SIM, not just buy it and presume all is well. This shop did this for me, with great intent to make sure they had a happy customer. They get my :up: :up: award for service.

BTW ...... it was the little Kodak photo shop near Gullivers, for those that care.

I have used a North American sim unlocked Motorola V60i GSM triband (900, 1800, 1900), with Dprompt with zero problems. Dprompt worked great for me in BKK and Pattaya.

Another cool thing with Dprompt was even though my remaining airtime all had expired while I was back in the US, I was surprised to find my Dprompt number was still active when I got back to LOS a couple of months later. All I had to do was add some airtime. I had expected to have to buy a new starter kit and get a new phone number but it wasn't necessary. :) By the time I get back to LOS next time though, my airtime will have been expired for 4 or 5 months, so I expect I'll probably have to get a new number next time.

:(

LaoHuLi said:

I tend to agree. The gf has Happy and I have 1-2call. I tried to put a happy SIM in my card and the dealer could not get it to work although he tried for over an hour. The 1-2 call sim fired up right away.

May change it next time I'm back. Well the gf is *Happy* anyway. ::

I changed my farang bought old Nokia 3310 to Happy Dprompt ( international SMS at 3b iso 9b AIS and 9am to 3pm 2.5b/minute talk)

Mobile did not accept Dprompt SIM, took them 10 mintues to unlock the phone at a cost of 100b, some very old mobiles can not be unlocked though.

As I have said before this case was simply a matter of the shop having a pile of SIMS that didn't work. Phone is/was fine. Shop took all the SIMS back. Outdated ? :dunno: they spent almost an hour on their own phones to Dpromt.

Just lucky for me they were good folk and didn't give me the , you buy , your problem routine.

Archived