What delicacies do you bring along ?

dvarpala

Just wondered what food items people brought with them, either because of supply problems in LOS, or simply because you can't live without it.

Me, I've got a big thing about Marmite, I take the stuff wherever I go.

The girls don't seem to be that keen on it though, reserving the kind of looks that I save for when they start munching on those bloody horrible insect snacks. I guess it must look strange to them ?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Real corn tortillas ( the thick ones i get at local produce stand ((( which caters to mexican customers here in so. Calif)

Family in thailand likes fresh tacos.

the tortillas I have found at tops just don't compair

I bring a jar of peanut butter. When the jar is empty, time to go back. Somehow that jar is lasting now, about 2 months. Maybe somebody is adding more peanut butter to the jar?

Mustard is definitely going on my list - great idea. Though I prefer the really evil stuff that you have to make up from the powder - but that's probably too much trouble - so the jar will have to do !

I wouldn't normally quote myself in a post...

dvarpala said:

...... those bloody horrible insect snacks.....

... but after starting the thread, I noticed that DCO Thai, an online book seller, have a range of the aforementioned Insect Snacks.

( Since DCOThai have an advertising banner on this site, I figure it's OK to mention this )

Got to be worth getting a can or two to leave in the fridge at work. :devil:

:beer:

Archived