What delicacies do you bring along ?

dvarpala

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Olives, sun dried tomatoes and anchovies for my afternoon tapas. yum yum

I used to bring back loads of cheeses, but someone told me there was a massive fine if caught, although I've never ever been searched at the airport.

Can anyone shed any light on the subject?

:beer:

dvarpala said:

Just wondered what food items people brought with them, either because of supply problems in LOS, or simply because you can't live without it.

Me, I've got a big thing about Marmite, I take the stuff wherever I go.

The girls don't seem to be that keen on it though, reserving the kind of looks that I save for when they start munching on those bloody horrible insect snacks. I guess it must look strange to them ?

I think it is the smell of Marmite/Vegemite that puts them off..never had a thai even try a little :p

torneyboy said:

I think it is the smell of Marmite/Vegemite that puts them off..never had a thai even try a little :p

I did get one of the girls to try it once, but only after she watched me eat some. Reckon she thought I might be trying to drug/poison her or something. She seemed to like it though...

Could it be that the insect snacks are like that? OK if you actually try them - I'll probably never find out,

just can't bring myself to do it....

Wonder if anyone here has given them a go ?

:devil::beer::devil:

For me it has to be some good "black forest Ham", Katjes (german wine gums), and for my wife loads of german and swiss chocolate.

Everyone who comes over knows it, and will bring it in high quantities. And of course our bags are loaded when we return...

Archived