Movie: "The Passion" banned in Thailand

OK, my thoughts on The Passion of the Christ...

I have to admit that the reason I went to see the movie is that it is a Mel Gibson movie. :) Also it is controversial so I'd like to see and judge it for myself.

Do I like it ? Yes, I do. It is beautifully done - nice lighting and acting and all that. But as many people say, excessive vilolence. It is too much. People will get the point just to show half of the blood.

I'm not Christian so I don't appreciate why Jesus had to die to save men. My 12 years of having been in Christian school I went to church every morning, still they didn't succeed to convert me. It's just doesn't make sense to me. That's why the movie doesn't convey me to appreciate Jesus's sacrifice. However, I cried when Mary ran to Jesus and said something like don't be afraid, I'm here. I can assocate with the mother-children love.

Umm..gotta find my bibles ( I have both Thai and English) and read some chapters.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They will say I'm right.

-----------------------------

Thanks, Finally someone who agrees with me that Pattaya is as thai as any other city in Thailand! :)

About the pronouciation, problem is, most thais will not understand what the hell you are asking.

"How do you say Pattaya?"

" no, i never go before. you like?"

"you say Pa ta ya, Pad ta ya or pa te ya?"

"mai lu. I never go before. you like?"

"I think it's pa ta ya"

"i think you like too much, hihi!"

:doah::banghead:

excessive violence

-------------------------

yep, like so many movies out there. Mel knows how to get an audience coming. If he meant a movie for edification on christian faith, it would have flopped. He knows His Hollywood stuff. It's either sex or violence.

More like LETHAL WEEP ON #6 (Or 5, i have no idea)...... :)

Lou huli said:-Artiew;

You have been duped again

The Upsidedown Cruxifiction symbol predates Christianity by centuries at least. It signifies that the person being executed is an innocent. The executioner's way of protesting the sentence while carrying out the order. (Check your Tarot card 'the Hanged Man')

Fuckin ell LouHuli you've astounded me.Your a man of knowledge as well as a dirty old cunt!::

Archived