Ringing the Bell (Free Beer) POLL

Anyone else getting the Aussie Govt Dept of Defence, Intelligence and Security banner ad on this one? Got to love google ads, as well as bell ringers.

Loving the recycling aspect of the new board too! Was at a beer bar in Patters close to 10 years ago now, 3 or 4am and the bell just kept ringing.... I almost didn't make breakfast that morning.

Anyone else getting the Aussie Govt Dept of Defence, Intelligence and Security banner ad on this one? Got to love google ads, as well as bell ringers.

Loving the recycling aspect of the new board too! Was at a beer bar in Patters close to 10 years ago now, 3 or 4am and the bell just kept ringing.... I almost didn't make breakfast that morning.

You typically get google ads based on your browsing history...agent Baron :surprised:

• 4 weeks later...

I've never "rung the bell"...but if I were going to, fuck motherfuckers, it would totally be in Windmill, Pattaya, where they have the sanest bell-ringing policy I've ever heard of (granted, I only get to Pattaya every 2-3 years, and I haven't been to Windmill for at least 3 years, so it may have changed...): you ring the bell, you're out 1k baht, and for your trouble, you're in possession of a bottle of tequila, which you're free to do what you want with...of course, any fuckwad with half a brain would use it to dole out shots to the girls. 'nuff said.

I've only been "bought" drinks in Thailand in a very, very few bars. Most notably Afterskool, where I've been known to drop a huge amount of coin...basically, once I've bought about 3 rounds (for the girls who happen to be clustered around me at that moment), I get a free beer. Not much, but hey, it's something. FWIW, the girls in Afterskool have the power to "comp" (as we say in the restaurant/bar business in the US) a drink for a customer every now and then...if they use that power for you, then you know you're "in," hahaha

Archived