New Zoning/Early Closure Thread

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Keith,

Wanted to suggest you wait and see which is kind of what everyone has to do these days.....I mean, on any early evening cranking myself up for an outing, I know I dont know what I will find later on, outside of vague general parameters.....

• 2 weeks later...

Not to throw gasoline on a dying fire (well maybe), but I was speaking to a very credible source last night, well actually a BG I met for the first time in Hollywood Bar, and she said the BGs in her bar had been told at a meeting that the NEP bars would close at 1 am next month.

This tidbit barely qualifies as a rumour, but I am wondering if anyone has heard anything along these lines that does qualify as a rumour? If there was anything to this I would expect to see plenty of alarmed posts here, which makes the absence of such posts reassuring. And it would certainly be odd if this BG tidbit was the only warning to an earlier closing time.

keith doug said:

hiya ..i hope not a boaring question but is nana plaza still closing at 2am!! and soi cowboy

thanks keith doug

Hi kd,

Still closing at 2am, but could change 1 April, or anytime. Nobody seems to have any definite information, but many say that the whole thing has been dropped and nothing will change. The rules on showing seem to be relaxing a bit as well - in some areas at least. :up:

Khwai

Now I am going to have to throw some more gasoline on the fire. I heard that the closing times will be pushed back from three different sources last night.

First, while eating at Woodstock, I noticed that on the chalk board in the far corner there was a notice reading something along the lines of "Fight Thaksin - Support the EGAT Union". Now this is interesting, I thought; I have never seen such a blantly political sign in NEP before. I asked the waitress about the sign, and she said they were angry because every place had to close at 1 am next month and worried that NEP might not survive. (What does this have to do with EGAT? Don't ask me. I am just reporting the facts as I saw and heard them.) I had not mentioned early closing - she volunteered this information and her fears the NEP would soon be history.

Second, later in the night I was at Rainbow III speaking with the Mama-san, and she also mentioned that all bars would have to close at 1 am next month.

Third, I ran into a BG I know from Pretty Lady at the entrance of NEP. She mentioned that NEP would close next month at 1 am, that she had enough of NEP, and was moving to Patpong. In fact, she was making a point of telling her regulars that she would soon be moving to King's Castle II.

You can draw your own conclusions about the credibility of these sources, but it is no longer a random comment from a single BG I don't know.

Archived