Pre Menstrual..............Insanity........HELP

sidsanuk

<For all the reasons you stated about the physical problems of "PMS" I would say if true, then there would be medical justification to deny women certain privilidges. Such as driving, flying, or any sensitive or critical function. For the longest time, we kept women out of Missle silos for this reason.>

There is medical justification to deny women those privilidges (note not "rights"). It has to be done on a case-by-case basis, but if a person is reacting irrationally, be it man or woman, be it internal hormonal problems or external influences, then that person has no business being in a position that may endanger others. From women controlling missle silos to men operating construction cranes. In fact, the law is actually applied that way in some circumstances. If a person runs over another, they may be prosecuted for vehicular manslaughter--PMS or male-related stress not being a factor. Or perhaps it may be a consideration for the penalty phase, but not related to the facts of the crime.

<Of course the feminists bitch...>

The feminist position, being inherently irrational, is irrelevant. It's like trying to argue with a pig that thinks it's a butterfly. I don't even waste my time or give them my energy. It must suck to be them.

<As I stated before, men suffer from this as well...The more excuses or sympathy you show them only serves to empower them and reenforce this bad behavior. You have to let them know there are serious consequences for their behavior and actions.>

As men, we sure do suffer, from many things. As I previously wrote, I agree that it is important to let women know that there are consequences, and I also advised strongly against over-coddling. However, we are the stronger sex. We are not equal, women are (generally speaking) emotionally less stable. And as such, we should treat women as they really are, not as how they claim they are. I think it is a deadly trap for a man to harbor anger against women for their weaknesses.

I'll let it go at that. I just hope I've offered some helpful advice.

Take Care :up:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you serious about comparing PMS to AIDS or a terminally ill person? The analogy doesn't fit.

Leaving a woman for a few days because she is PMS'ing is logical to a male, but to a woman you are abandoning her to deal with it herself-"Great, my hormones go wacky and he is out the door". Do you think she enjoys feeling irritable, depressed, etc. for a few days each month because of her hormones?

I don't think they enjoy it at all, but some seem to suffer from it more than others, usually because they do nothing about it, or need to change their life style...sort of like me complaining of all the headaches from hangovers, but never doing anything to stop drinking etc...many just like to play the montlhy marytr. Also, some women are just screwed up emotionally, and use it as an excuse to vent...

Hangover and PMS same same, really!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No use trying to explain why you are wrong, your reasoning is so far out of rational thinking that it would be pointless.

surenow said:

Hangover and PMS same same, really!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No use trying to explain why you are wrong, your reasoning is so far out of rational thinking that it would be pointless.

I agree, but so is PMS behavior, and simply tolerating it will only assure more of it. As LWB Pointed out, we are all responsible for our actions. If this/these woman/women suffer from this, then they should do something about it, start by seeing a doctor...odd many women never seem to suffer from it until married or in a relationship, then only take it out on their husband/Boyfriends...a lot of medical experts are divided on the subject. My filipina ex had something wrong with her, for years, blaming PMS, I decided to put my foot down with it finally, and it stopped! It started awhile later, with her throwing things and tantrums, I again put my foot down, and her out of the apartment for good. It was then that I learned from her cousin that she had been diagnosed with Manic depression years before I knew her, and simply wasn't taking her meds...

Bottom line, she can see a doctor, or suffer, if she chooses to suffer, then she has unfairly made that decision for you as well, so put up with it if you want, or put a stop to at least your suffering from it...

Hang over and PMS not the same :) I used that to say, if I wake up with a hangover often, headache and nausea, I can either suffer or stop drinking...if a woman is doing something to agrevate her pms, such as diet, drinking, excessive exercise etc, then she has a choice to make as well...but again, she IS responsible for her actions, no matter what. Oddly, I have never heard of a woman getting bitchy with another woman because of PMS, usually only her signifigasnt other, or so it seems...still think a lot of it is psychological...

PMS and PMDD are biologic effects triggered by normal ovarian function. Most women are able to deal with the symptoms without major difficulties through dietary changes and other conservative therapies. However approximately 10% experience much more severe symptoms-irritability, depression, poor impulse conrol, migraine headache, concentration difficulties, etc. The frequent elimination of premenstrual complaints by suppressing ovarian function through birth control pills underscores that the problem is related to hormones as opposed to psychological phenomena. Medical experts don't disagree on the existence of PMS/PMDD, just the causes. Increasing evidence indicates that women with severe PMS/PMDD may have a biochemical subsensitivity or supersensitivity involving the serotonergic system.

If you get a headache or are irritable because of a hangover, that is your fault from drinking too much. The same can not be said for PMS because it results from normal hormonal cyclicity. Thus, blaming a woman for PMS is a bit unfair.

"...Thus, blaming a woman for PMS is a bit unfair. ..."

Not blaming them for the condition, blaming them for agrevating it by doing what ever it is that agrevates it in their particular situation. I did agree, I thought, that hang overs are my own fault. I equated this to say, a women who has PMS, and agrevates it by drinking, or to much salt, or coffee etc, is also to blame if she doesn't try to change her habits during that time of the cycle. On a side note, I would add, that many doctors feel alcoholism is genetic, and thus could you blame a guy for drinking to much if it is in fact a genetic predisposition? yes, you can in my book, if he/she does not take any steps to control it with therapy and or medication. My point, once again is, if a woman suffers from PMS, then she should take the medical steps to aliveate her suffering, yes, her signifigant other should help her during this initial phase of treatments, but that is still no excuse for bad behavior, and she must take measures to control it or risk losing a relationship...no partner in any relationship should endure abuse because their partner will not get treatment for a problem, and PMS is no exception...

Not sure my last round of crap clarified it...what I am saying is, as an alcoholic, I have 2 choices, get treatment, or not get treatment and suffer the consequences. Similarly, a woman with PMS can get treatment, and hopefully alliviate her suffering, or chosing not to, she can also suffer the consequences.

In the relationship I mentioned, I demanded my gf get treatment, I was very forceful about it, and near violent, as I had had it with her violent outbursts and behavior. She stopped her outbursts for a good 6-7 months, no idea what she did, but clearly the forceful approach made her do something. Ultimately, she got nuts again on a monthly basis, allegedly Manic depression agrevated by monthly cycles, not wanting to do anything about it on her own, I had to put her out of the apartment we shared. Did hear from her cousin that she was back on meds and doing o.k. Good for her, but I am not going down that road again...my apologies if I sounded harsh, or offensive, but I think certain things need to be dealt with harshly, from the onset, and abusive/irrational behavior that drives you nuts is one of them.

<<Similarly, a woman with PMS can get treatment, and hopefully alliviate her suffering, or chosing not to, she can also suffer the consequences.>>

Have to agree with you, my ex suffered dreadfully, as did I. When I finally left her, one of her offers was "I'll take that stuff so I don't get PMS!"

Dam, wish she had the sence to say that earlier

JB

Archived