Metro article, investigators, cheating spouses.

Stickman

There is an article in the latest issue of Metro about private investigators in Bangkok. In the story, the investigator follows what appears to be a husband playing around on this wife and tracks him to one of the curtained, drive in, short-time hotels. The story then says that in such situations the investigator will then call the police, who come along ? and this can be seen in the accompanying pictures of the story.

I?m a little unclear on this. Why do they call the cops? What do the cops do? Is it an offence, i.e. a criminal offence, to play around if one is married? The story doesn?t explain that aspect of it at all. Don?t read anything untoward into this as I am totally devoted and faithful to my wife! I?m just curious about it all.

Stick

Well Prostitution is illegal, but I don't know how anyone could prove it.

She's a friend, I just lent her 1000 baht etc.

Maybe his licence tags had expired. ::

Who even says anything about prostitution... Could very well be his secretary or just a floozy he met in a pub/club of some sort.. Maybe writing in to Metro magazine is in order?

Or perhaps it's the investigator's way in getting hard evidence: Otherwise it's not likely the love hotel operator would let someone in to go check up on someone... If he pays the police a little bit he could then force entry while the police claim it's some routine investigation. I suspect it's something like that.

Then again... it still doesn't make sense for the investigator to get so confrontational about it.. He merely has to shoot some pics of the guy going to a love hotel with someone, that would already be enough. Now if there is this huge scene in which the investigator may even be identified, then this investigator has good reason to keep looking over his own shoulder for quite some time to come.

Cheers,

Chanchao

I believe it is somewhat common for the Thai police to get involved in what we from west would consider civil matters and would not normally involve the police. I also think I remember reading somewhere that adultery is a criminal offence in Thailand (as it once was in most US States and still is in some). I would guess the police are asked along in order enforce this law and to be witnesses later in the divorce proceedings. Not too many years ago, this same method was not uncommon in some US jurisdictions for adultery cases.

TH

Sounds like that sickening show in the US that tracks an unfaithful partner gathering evidence. Once it has been confirmed that an affair is taking place, they notify the spouse and confront the cheating partner and his lover as they leave a cheap motel or something similar. ON VIDOETAPE!

I cant believe these people sign the release to allow this stuff to be televised. ::

Archived