Laos - Luang Prabang

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was in China two years ago. Some of the girls told me that if they were pulled by the police and searched then if they had condoms in their handbags the police would arrest them as that apparently constituted proof that they were hookers.
This makes me appreciate Thailand more. Thanks for all the advice about Luang Prabang. If I have anything to report next month, I will.

Gadfly1 said:

- if there is anything available there.

Found this in Lonely Planet:

"Sexual relationships between foreigners and Lao citizens who are not legally married are not permitted under Lao law.Permission for marriage or engagement must be submitted in a formal application to the Lao authorities. Penalties for failing to register a relationship range from US$500 to US$5000, and possibly imprisonmnent or deportation."

So you can't even pretend she's your GF.. :nono:

That said, there are definitely hookers in Laos, but I didn't risk it when I went...

:devil::beer::devil:

ib13 said:

ok I'll kick some sense into you, but only because you got a larger avetar than me ::

I'mn afraid we'll miss each other for april/may, but with some luck in august?

How can I refuse such a kind offer?

I'm around 22/08/04 - 05/09/04, just let me drink enough Singha to anaesthetize me, before you put the boot in...

:devil::beer::devil:

ib13 said:

really? :o

hmm I had the though you'd be way to busy taking care of that lovely local avetar gal or the few others you're linking :hubba:

You will never know how much I wish that Avatar Girl was a local. Regrettably though, she's a model from Japan - and thus unavailable to the likes of me :banghead:

( BTW, all the pix are of the same girl - at least I think they are...)

You're right though, I will be entertaining, but I'm hoping that I'll be able to sneak off to Gulliver's one Friday night. I've never been there, you see - and I reckon it's about time I popped in and said "Hello"

:beer:

Archived