Sign of the times-"Deepening Climate of Fear-"

jitagawn

Reported income - probably.

Unreported income - probably that amount multiplied by 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 or maybe even 10. That figure has to be a large one - indeed!

OCgringo said:

I think that the nightlife industry is just part of the problem ,

if Thailand is not considered "friendly" or even dangerous at some time will multinational companies want to spend millions putting up new factories

cheap labor, abundant natural resources, good geographic location to transport goods, increasing consumer base that desires manufactured goods. Conclusion: multinational businesses will always do business in Thailand as long as they can make a profit. As long as there is a profitable resource to exploit businesses wil do business.

I would say that if Thailand does not look friendly to outsiders they will not come

And multimational companies usually have corporate managment from the home country for the first few years at least.

Around my house there are many Japanese companies,

they send staff from Japan to work here

they also send the wife and kids

if its not friendly , they will look elsewhere.

This is for NEW factory construction, if they are already in Thailand then they will probably stay

>Around my house there are many Japanese companies,

they send staff from Japan to work here

they also send the wife and kids

Escape strong Yen. That drove Japanese companies to Thai. Goods manufactured and sold from Thai look (and are) more competitive pricewise.

In general, I think Thailand will be the last country in the region to become business unfriendly.

Archived