DVD player / TV compatibility

dvarpala

Quick question...

My portable DVD player, a Bush PDVD1000, has TV output settings of "NTSC", "PAL", and "AUTO".

Will I be able to connect it by AV or SCART cable to a Thai TV set?

Or will I have to use the in-built screen?

Thanks in advance.

:devil::beer::devil:

the other problem might be thats its NOT an "all regions" DVD player

so its set up to play Euro/UK DVDs but will not play asia ones

cool if you are bringing DVDs from the UK, but maybe not if you are buying them off the street in BKK

not sure how many regions there are , I think around 5

danish30 said:

Hi dvarpala,

Using Pal and AV output should be just fine in Thailand.

Actually since most TVs in Thailand are dual system I'd set the DVD player to auto.

OCgringo said:

the other problem might be thats its NOT an "all regions" DVD player

so its set up to play Euro/UK DVDs but will not play asia ones

That shouldn't be a problem, I checked it was "all regions" before I bought it. All my "street" DVDs work fine.

I might even take it to test the next lot I buy - save me getting those crappy ones where you can see someones head. :down:

:devil::beer::devil:

All your "street DVDs" have almost certainly been deregionalized and would therefore work on any player. In other words, playing them does not constitute a test of whether your player is all region or not.

KhMarried said:

All your "street DVDs" have almost certainly been deregionalized and would therefore work on any player. In other words, playing them does not constitute a test of whether your player is all region or not.

Good point, but the fact that it plays my couple of Region 1 discs (genuine) probably does. Well, at least regions 1 & 2...

Even if it wasn't multi-regional, it would probably be easy enough to change - my home one certainly was, 1 minute's adjusting via the remote.::

:beer:

Archived