"Dying from the mold"

When I look at the buildings in Bangkok, the first thing that comes to my mind is how many suffer from mold? Some buildings are covered with mold. There is a chemical that can be put in paint that will minimize, if not eleminate mold growth. Does anybody know if that is available in Thailand.

Does anybody know if the mold problem has been studied in relationship to allergies?

In Germany, even the climate is not very humid, some house owners have problems with mold. If a house is infected with mold severely there is only on solution: To shut the house completely and to break it down since mold cannot be cleaned out and can cause severe chronical illness.

For you fellas who develop respiratory problems when exposed to mold or mildew you might want to consider this:

Get yourself a low cost germicidal fluorescent lamp and put it under the bed or behind the sofa and leave it switched on all of the time. WARNING: DON?T LOOK DIRECTELY AT THE LIGHT SOURCE - this can cause eye damage!

These tubes fit standard fixtures and kill airborne molds and germs like crazy - even a small one should do the job in an average size hotel room. I?ve been using these at home for years and plan on testing out a small compact version on my next trip to LOS. I?ll post the results if anyone shows interest.

And don?t go down to your local hardware store looking for germicidal fluorescent tubes - they are hard to come by. Use your search engine to find mail order sources. For you boys located in the USA, here?s one I found that offers a good selection with good prices to boot (go to the fluorescent light bulbs section):

http://www.buylighting.com/

Stay Healthy,

ST

Archived