Interesting take on things by a Brit expat ...

Flashermac

Norflox,

Agree with what you say. This BG vs GTG comparison (which is a silly comparison anyway) falls into the likes of people taking sides on controversial topics like death penalty, abortion, gun control, etc.

It is not a right or a wrong on what people choose or not choose or say or not say.

But what happens is when someone says something that does not agree with our own belief/value system, their reaction becomes personal and bent-out-of shape.

I could care less to whether one selects a BG or GTG as a mate. There will be successes and failures on both accounts.

Do you take exception to the article that it is a generalization?

While some will agree and others disagree with the writer, I think it is important he shares his opinion (and it is only his opinion) to give advice and experience sharing to others.

It is up to us on whether we view this as good or bad advice. No one forces us to accept or refute it. Each of us will process the article's information/opinions against what we have experienced and our own belief/value/family systems.

There will never ever be full agreement on a topic like this nor should we expect it.

Yet at the same time, I think it is important for people to share their experiences/beliefs (both sides if that is ones take on it) and let the reader decide what to do with it.

As to the article itself, I look to see if it well written, the ability of the writer to communcate his thoughts, his experiences, any evidence presented, can he articulate well in his explanations, etc .

I thought the guy does a good job. It doesn't matter whether i agree with him or not. Is it a quality piece of opinions writing?

What is bothersome is people's emotional reactions reduce down to judging it as right or wrong in alignment to our own experiences. And then it deteriorates from there....

Cardinalblue

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CB,

Actually i didnt have a problem with he article at all, rather the numerous threads here which degenerate into a tit for tat battle that inevitably turn petty and insulting. I have no problem with people expressing their beliefs/thoughts etc except when it becomes like jehovah's witnesses who come a knocking. let he who is without sin cast the first stone. Everyone has done things in their past that they are not particularly proud of (thats human) but calling others on it is plain hypocracy.

Chanchao said:

Beware though of thinking there are only two classes in Thai society, bar girls and good girls. That's false. Many of whom the readership here would classify as good girls, come from exactly the same background as most bargirls, and therefore a lot of the same issues/problems apply. ("She's not a bargirl, she's a waitress/construction worker/traditional massage girl/department store staff/gas station cashier etc etc etc)

Cheers,

Chanchao

and please don't forget all those "good girls" with university education who play around all the chatrooms and can be more devious than the most hardened bargirl.

there are all sorts of people. i just try to look at the individual behind the genaralisations.

anyhow, is there a problem with a village girl who was born into poverty and has decided to become a "waitress/construction worker/traditional massage girl/department store staff/gas station cashier etc etc etc"?

Well called Floxy. Couldn't have put it better myself. LPhil too, and Flyonzewall.

FlyP,

A few years ago, I would have agreed with you. I was a Stickman fan who would call anyone an idiot for persuing a relationship with a BG. Current or past. Then I paid bar...

Still am a great Stickman fan, but look at things from a slightly different perspective.

I must say MaiLuk is one member here, who has an uncanny ability to look at it from both sides. He's been through the ringer, but has a very objective viewpoint.

Wow!!! Were you talking to me? And I almost missed this thread.

You remember the lovely hardcore lady who was behaving very badly when I took her out of the scene last year? After almost a year of being an angel, she suddenly fucked up last week. :nono: Since I'm objective as you said, I objectively informed her we are finished ::

So now I'm back to loving ALL bargirlers again instead of just one, and i don't see why we have a debate about it. I'll be in LOS in a month to test my commitment, but i'm certain i'll find no reason to not love them all :drunk:

My girl did not put me thru the ringer, that was accomplished two years ago by a non-bargirler thai lovely here in the USA, she had moved in for seven months. And as flyz said, with the nonbargirler it was not about the money and more about the mindfuck.

Those non-bargirlers are a troublesome lot, you never know sure whats turning behind those dark eyes. When I arrive in LOS I could go looking for one of these NBGers, but i'm on the rebound and not much patience and i know fer sure them bargirlers realize i'm damn hansum :up: So why should anyone give a nonbargirler the time of day?

OK i love those nonbargirlers also but i avoid 'em if i can, tho if the uni girl with the incredible body in the thai restaurant here said she was interested... she did say she had a thai bf back in LOS, but the third time i visited the restaurant she may have realized i was sort of liking how she looked. So she said that her thaibf was seen with another girl, AND she said she understood why he would do that because she is so far away from him. This could be an opening move on her part but what ever it was i can already see she is the mindfucking type :D

> and please don't forget all those "good girls" with university

> education who play around all the chatrooms and can be more devious

> than the most hardened bargirl.

Right.

> there are all sorts of people. i just try to look at the individual

> behind the genaralisations.

Definitely.

> anyhow, is there a problem with a village girl who was born into

> poverty and has decided to become a "waitress/construction

> worker/traditional massage girl/department store staff/gas station

> cashier etc etc etc"?

Not at all. Rest assured though that Thai society will treat her just the same as when you would have pulled her off a pole in a gogo. Also there may be issues of mis-matched education levels and financial status. And you get to deal with regular issues that may arise from the traditional upcountry family. These things are what I was hinting at when I (almost) said that there may be more similarities between 'lower class good girls' and bargirls than that there are differences. Don't let that stop anyone from getting into relationships with them though. I know I have. At least they're less likely to have several other boyfriends on the side, drinking/drugs/gambling problems and/or past emotional damage.

Cheers,

Chanchao

FlyP,

A few years ago, I would have agreed with you. I was a Stickman fan who would call anyone an idiot for persuing a relationship with a BG. Current or past. Then I paid bar...

Hi Red.

I didn't call someone "an idiot" for perusing a relationship with BG. I simply said it wasn't for me. I then went on to say that if people want to, and feel its the right option for them, then who are we to begrudge anyone a little happiness?

Just wanted to clarify.

Cheers,

Fly P.

Archived