Amari

I recently stayed at the J W Marriott for 6 days with a young Thai girl and had a great time - so much so I am looking forward to going back to BKK in September for 2 weeks.

I loved the Marriott, but i cant afford to stay there for 2 weeks. I liked the locale and I was thinking of staying at the Amari and wondered if anyone here had any views / experience of it.

Thanks

Shane

shane33 said:

I recently stayed at the J W Marriott for 6 days with a young Thai girl and had a great time - so much so I am looking forward to going back to BKK in September for 2 weeks.

I loved the Marriott, but i cant afford to stay there for 2 weeks. I liked the locale and I was thinking of staying at the Amari and wondered if anyone here had any views / experience of it.

Thanks

Shane

All great IMO....Watergate is my pick of the three.

The bar downstairs has a great band and the bar staff are first class..tuesday night is ""free"" drinks for ladies...food is ok as well.

Only problem is the heaps of touts at the bottom of the stairs on your way out :doah:

Watergate is nice.

Pro: Good eye candy with the air hostesses staying there. Nice pool ( when you can get a seat) The gym and squash courts have just been upgraded. Patumwan market is a great place to pick up gifts but can be crowded. Pantip and of course Burger King ( yes I need my fix) are just a stone throw away. Good American sytle restaurant downstairs

Cons: Shit location compared to other hotels. at least 500m to a BTS and the worst pollution area in the city. Phetburi road can be a pain to get down.

They used to have good deals there. check the net.

Touts from the market are not usually a problem once you realize the same 3 guys stand there everyday.

shane33 said:

Apologies - I was reffering to the atrium which is very close to the Marriott

Hotel is fine..food is good...imo/

Mona Lisa a short walk over the foot bridge.

A lot of Chinese groups stay at the Atrium...tend to place them on two floors above the restaurants...noisy :p

Archived