20,000 baht a month...

chuckwoww

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My feeling is that 20,000 baht is a pretty fair amount really. Assuming the girl is really living in the village with her parents, truly cares about her sponsor and has a good heart. If the latter is true, she's probably helping to support her parents. So that means at least half that amount is going to them.

If you care about the girl, wouldn't you rather provide her a comfortable living than just enough to scrape by in what are really pretty pathetic conditions? I'd like to know just how many of you guys out there who think they can get by on 4000 baht / month upcountry have actually been there to see the living conditions. I wouldn't want my wife to live like that for extended periods of time.

Chuckwoww said:

"I think this whole 'stay village take care grandma' thing is a crock anyway. It may have been true once but most young people are bored to tears back there. "

I disagree. There remains a strong emphasis on family in Thailand, particularly upcountry where children are expected to take care of their parents. And the kids, if their hearts are in the right place, are not "bored to tears" but enjoy the time they spend with their families. My wife and her sister really look forward to their trips back home and despite the conditions, I think my wife would have no problem taking up long term residency there again.

These things being said, anybody who sends money to a TG to stay upcountry is a fool, regardless of amount. Most will not be living upcountry and will continue working the bar instead. Even if they don't work the bar, they probably retired with a couple of sponsors in their pocket, and they work them! If you are not able to live in Thailand for an extended period of time, you will simply not be able to judge whether you've found a girl that will live up to her side of the bargain or not. Not to mention, you will know nothing of her relatives whom she'll be supporting. And they are just as likely to be deadbeats, alcoholics, gamblers, etc.

There are smarter ways of sponsoring your girl than sending cash anyway (e.g., starting a business). But these will take investment of time in addition to money. If you are serious about it, that would be the way to go. So you gotta ask yourself: Am I serious about this? If you are, go for it but be smart.

<I disagree. There remains a strong emphasis on family in Thailand, particularly upcountry where children are expected to take care of their parents. And the kids, if their hearts are in the right place, are not "bored to tears" but enjoy the time they spend with their families. My wife and her sister really look forward to their trips back home and despite the conditions, I think my wife would have no problem taking up long term residency there again.>

I can only speak from personal observation and time spent in Thai and hilltribe villages. Most young people told me they were bored. There wasn't much for them in the village. They wanted to do something, make some money. They weren't bad kids, just bored. I imagine coming home for visits and seeing their parents after being away for a few months would be a pleasure. :) A lot of bar girls I talk to in Bangkok say they feel homesick but they feel bored after a few days back home. It probably depends on lots of other factors too (money, house, husband?) Not many falang can live the way rural Thais do.

I love to hear all these different opinions about how much is too much money. I love to hear the validations about how a Chula grad with such and such a degree or an office worker gets by with 10k baht a month ( I know strippers here in the States that make more than a Harvard MBA on Wall St, so the comparison of a kept woman to a Chula grad is plain silly). I also love to hear how some guys hear that if another guy sends X amount of baht then he is a sucker or a fool.

Did it ever occur to some that a girl is going to ask for an amount that will make her very comfortable and not merely an amount that will keep her at breakeven?

Does it not occur to some that a guy gives a girl an amount that he can afford or to have her in a lifestyle that he wants?

When you are talking about keeping a woman on your payroll or sponsoring her to some extent you have got to drop the notions of what a girl in the village makes or an officer worker in BKK. You have to ask her how much she needs/wants and then you have to ask yourself how much you are willing or can afford to give.

Some girls will be satisfied with 15k a month and others need at least 250k baht a month.

Bottom line is if you can't afford the pussy then don't buy it.

Hi CW,

That is definitely my impression as well.

After having been away from the village for say years, it is not a simple transition to go back to village life and I don`t blame them. I have been living in a rural village for 6 months and I was definitely "bored to tears" and beyond. Well, I am farang anyway.

These days when my missus goes back to visit the family she never stays longer than a week or so. After the initial joy of seeing the family has subdued, slowly boredom takes over.

There is no way she could go back to live like this on a permanent basis.

Cheers

Hua Nguu

So many of you are so full of crap. What is it about this subject and this country of discussion that has everybody quoting how much it costs to eat in Issan or how much their BKK gf lives on a month? So what. If you are emailing Stickman about how much is too much to pay your bg to stay home, isn't the answer obvious?

The question is the guy is wondering if he is sending enough. Well....this can only be detirmined by what her actual basic costs are. Like I said before, above and beyond that, is up to him as to what kind of luxury he wants to steep her in.

If my g/f moves to Paris, and I'm going to support her, I'd have to do the same thing....detirmine what the rents are like, food costs, transportation costs, etc. and then decide how much beyond that I'm willing/want to give. Pretty simple deal from how I see it.

This guy lives there 6 times a year, so he knows exactly how much she needs. He wants her to go to school, and she is asking for 6,000 more, because she says he does not give her enough already, and wonders if he is being fleeced. The answer is 20,000 is more than enough for her to live comfortable by average Korat standards. It all comes down to what arraingment he has with her. If the agreement was to provide for her basic care, then he is more than meeting that. If the agreement was to have her live a rich lifestyle, then he is not.

BTW....who said anything about her being a b/g? Not that it makes any difference, one way or the other.

HT

HIGH THAIED said:

The question is the guy is wondering if he is sending enough. Well....this can only be detirmined by what her actual basic costs are.

BTW....who said anything about her being a b/g? Not that it makes any difference, one way or the other.

Hi ht,

That's one way of looking at it. A different angle, and here assuming the girl is an ex-BG, is that part of her wish/demand/requirement is to maintain her income level from the days working in the bar. Many girls make 20,000 baht - and more. If the guy is not going to match her pay level, she may not be willing to leave the bar.

Just my two cents worth.

Khwai

KMS,

I think you are sort of right, but my comment/question is...if a girl can get one guy to send her 20,000YHB a month, and he is never there, why wouldn't she try to work and make more while she can? or get more guys to send money as well? I know many girls who have several guys sending them money, one I know well is rumored to be taking in 30,-50,000THb a month in sponsorship alone, never mind what she makes in BFs, drinks and extra customers...her mind set is, "...thuis ain't going to last, so I better pull it all in while I can..." Sad is, many of these girls pass up severel opportunities for a good relationship which over the long haul would be better for them...some pass on love for that extra 4,000THb a month.

I have also heard that the idea of the girl supporting her family is crap, I think a lot depends on the girl. I know many girls who work overseas, making big money, and still end up broke...I have seen a few girls I've known over the years go from big earner with an attitude to standing outside Thermae or grace at 5 in the morning hoping to make even 300THB...some of these girls need to wise up for the long term...

<<Bottom line is if you can't afford the pussy then don't buy it. >>

Agree - but are you buying or renting?

As to is she a bar girl or not, I am reminded of the old joke, bloke asks a girl for a fuck, piss of you old ugly bugger (ok - it's a true story - its me), so he says, what if I was to give you a million dollars?

"Hmmm" she says, maybe then i would,

"Ok" - how about for a hundred he asks

"What do you take me for" she shrills (love it when women shrill)

"I know what you are, we have already established that, now we are getting to the right price!"

And honestly, if she was a "GTG" (God - here comes a argument) would she ask for money?

Family is important, as is education, but neither are that expensive, and if you encourage a realaitionship based $ then all you are buying is unhappiness!

JB

Archived