20,000 baht a month...

chuckwoww

Old Hippie,

Your comments remind me of my old girlfriend, a real stunner, worked THermae, eventually got herself a local expa, wealthy and well known, had a baby with him (she always wanted one) and then she left!

Why - she missed the action.

Saw her last week sitting on the ground on the wall of shame! She had EVERYTHING!, But SHE chose to throw it away, a point she herself admits too!

JB

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Old Hippie said:

...if a girl can get one guy to send her 20,000YHB a month, and he is never there, why wouldn't she try to work and make more while she can?

OH,

I don't disagree with you - this is a well known saga in many cases. But, some girls are genuine (yes, I do believe that) so the answer to your question is that she is happy with this one guy and is willing to give up the scene if he can take care of her financially.

As for the family, again, this can be just a line - but I am sure that many girls pass on some of their money to family and this is another pressure to keep up the income level.

In my case, GF lives with M & F, neither are working so where does their income come from - the old sick buffalo. Also, I am sure that the sister and brother (with families) in Isaan get money as well.

This will run and run.

Khwai

"It is stupid to send any money to a bar girl, seriously, if you think she wants out, then you have to be there, to try and do it long distance just wont work.

Be there and it might, and only then a small might work.

Never send these girls money, of course they ask for it, and of course, they could also get other jobs."

100% correct IHMO.

Why would you send money?

I have never understood it and never will.

I have joked with BG's about it asking them how much their boyfriends were sending them?

To them it is all a game and if the guy is silly enough why not take what is on offer. I have never in all the years i have been coming to Thailand had anyone ask me to send money.

And if they did i would say that i need the money to buy ST in my own country.

If you must send money you should view it as a donation. ALthough i am sure there are much more worthy beneficiaries that your average BG.

My GF is working for a big swedish company bringing home 23 K per month ( studied in OZ for 5 years and is fluent in english with OZ slang). Never give her anything. When going for dinner she insist to pay for taxi / bts. Sometimes gives me money for the gasoline when we go on a trip. However I add 7000THB to her salary per month, by putting this in her savings account, because she likes to save up for a new car and she wants to pay cash for it. She thinks being in debt is not a good idea. My GF is a not a financial burden to me at all. I have friends who have no money by the mid of the month because the g/f milked them. Well......

Cheers,

Here is post in question.

>>>>>For the past 2 years I have been supporting my girlfriend who lives in Khorat and has one child and she also takes care of her mother. I send her 20,000 baht every month. In addition I am in Thailand every 2 month for 10 days. I give her additional money and buy her clothing etc. during my stay. I want her to go to school - particularly to learn better English. She insists I also should pay for the school, 6,000 baht this time because I don't give her enough. I insist "you have the time and the money - take responsibility for your life". What do you think? Am I unfair - or is she money hungry?<<<<

I agree that you must meet, or exceed, a b/g's take to get her out. But my post was to his particular situation. He's been giving her 20,000 for 2 years. Sounds like he's tired of seeing her sitting on her ass all this time, and is pissed she wants an additional 6,000 just to take some english lessons. He's asking if she's out to take him?

Like I said, it would depend on their agreement/arraingment, but it would seem 20,000 baht has been ok with her, up until now.

Sounds like he knows he is giving a substantial amount (he should....he's there every 50 days), but disheartened. He probably felt in the beginning that 20,000 would change her life for the better, and improve things for her. But what he is seeing 2 years later, is she living the same life he found her in, before getting 20,000/month, and feels fustrated for all his efforts (half million baht +). Sounds like the beginning of the end, to me.

Purely speculation on my part, but this is what I read between the lines here.

HT

I was barfining a girl from Soi 33 last year who told me that her boyfriend was paying her 2000 a month. When I commented that this wasn't enough and that I wasn't surprised that she was still 'working', she said 'No not Baht, Euro'. When I queried this, she was adamant that it was correct.

We eventually fell out because I wasn't giving her enough money! Its weird though, she occasionally calls me long-distance.

Archived