Taksin daughter works at McDonalds

In order to set a good example for youngsters, the prime minister's youngest daughter, Paethongtan, is working part-time at a McDonald's fast food restaurant.

The telecom tycoon-turned-premier showed up at McDonald's at Siam Discovery Shopping Centre in Pathumwan just before noon to see his daughter working. He ordered two McFish sets and one Big Mac set.

Mr Thaksin said he worked at a fast food outlet when he studied in the United States and advised his daughter to try it out as a way to learn about life, the value of money and constructive use of time.

``I want her to gain experience and learn about life because she is the youngest child born of wealthy parents.

``In fact she helps me work at home, but I'd like her to try working with other people too,'' he said.

On finishing high school last semester, Paethongtan and nine of her friends followed the prime minister's advice. The group split and found work at two nearby McDonald's branches.

Starting work yesterday morning, she went through orientation, then fried chicken and cleaned the restaurant.

The restaurant pays her 23.75 baht an hour. She will work four to five hours a day.

Mr Thaksin said his daughter should be an example for other young people. Part-time jobs was way of teaching youngsters to work as adults, he said.

Teachers would be encouraged to work part-time, too, to gain experience.

source: BKKPost

How would YOU like to have to be the manager of that MacD's? How would you dare discipline her if she needed it? How could you refuse requests for days off when you really need her there? Who lnows, though, maybe she's actually an all-right girl. Certainly hasn't come across like a Yubamrung-style slime so far.

Archived