FALANG DIES breaking into CONDOMINIUM

[color:"green"] [/color] In 3/31/03 Bangkok's THE NATION was a disturbing death of a falang. It reads:

[color:"red"] [/color] A Caucasian man fell to his death from a 10-metre electrical pole while trying to escape from security guards who had caught him trying to break into a condominium in Bangkok's Samphanthawong district, police said yesterday.

His body was found beneath the pole near Chakrawat Police Station at about 10am yesterday, police said. His left leg was broken and his right arm nearly severed, police said.

Eight hours earlier, security guards at Bangkok Riverside Condominium on Songwat Road had reported to the station that a Caucasian man had tried to break into the building. However, they did not report that he had later fallen to his death.

Three security guards would be charged with concealing a body, polce said. They had yet to identify the deceased.

[color:"black"] [/color] Sounds like to me he was returning to his condominium at about 2:00 AM and for whatever reason could not get in. Somehow the security guards got involved, the men fell. His left leg was broken and his right arm nearly cut off. To me, it is hard to fall, break a leg and then almost have an arm cut off on the other side of the body, without major injuries to the rest of the body, especially from 10 metres. I smell a fish, especially when the man laid their, probably to bleed to death, over a period of 8 hours before the police arrived - from a police station that is nearby.

10 meters is about 3 stories high. So unless he was somehow balanced standing up on the very tip top, the fall would be less than 3 stories. The injuries and death do not seem consistent with a fall of this nature especially to someone agile enough to scale the pole.

Denying someone medical care who is dying is a very serious offense in the west. The circumstances and charges here don't fit.

No Joke.

The article was in the 3/31/03 Bangkok's THE NATION.

I have seen falangs kicked out many times, but if thiswas a kick out, it was real nasty.

Body injuries do not correlate with a 10 meter fall. I would like to know how he arm was almost severed from his body - meat cleaver?

>>>Body injuries do not correlate with a 10 meter fall. I would like to know how he arm was almost severed from his body - meat cleaver? <<<

as nobody here has seen the crime scene it is only assumptions being made here.

an arm can be nearly severed rather easily - a nasty compound fracture can do a lot of ugly things. i have had once a very bad fracture of my arm (rubber arm, looked very twisted) from a fall of less than 30 centimeters. what do you think 10 meters can do?

True,.............

but who walks around without any ID (probably no baht also),

is pursued by security, falls and is injured. Security calls the police (almost next door) but forget to mention the falang is dying (limb almost severed)? How hard a blow would a person have to come in contact with to almost severe an arm? And does the injuries correleate with a fall (broken left arm and then on the other side of the body, an almost severed arm)?

I hope we can get more information on this story because it is so incomplete. Anybody want to go to the police station and find out?

>>>but who walks around without any ID (probably no baht also),

is pursued by security, falls and is injured. <<<

you would not believe how desperate some farangs here are. i have known several who had to sleep in the assorted parks here, and survive by begging. passports long ago sold.

>>>And does the injuries correleate with a fall (broken left arm and then on the other side of the body, an almost severed arm)?<<<

without having a good look at the scene one cannot assume anything. there might be a lot of reasons. it is said for example that he was found below an electric pole. a possible scenario might have been that while falling from the pole his arm hit one of the many sticks usually sticking out of such a pole, got nearly torn off and then when hitting the ground he broke his leg.

>>>I hope we can get more information on this story because it is so incomplete. <<<

that is the point. no speculations possible before there are more informations.

right now the body should be at the morgue at the police hospital, and an authopsy is going to be performed (as it has to be with every unusual death).

Archived