Welcome to America - Fingerprint please !

OCgringo

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2 points, then I promise to quit.

"What can I say but repeat that this happens only in the US, not here in Europe "

The only reason visa waiver countries are being required to do it is because you won't have the biometric passports ready in time. Are you going to refuse to get one those, as it will not only require your fingerprint, but iris print as well.

Talk about an infringement of your right not to be positively identified.

"Upto you to live with it, not me......"

I don't have to live with it.

You do. Or stay out. (I believe we have come full circle with that).:beer:

TH

khwaimaisabai said:

I will. Too far to travel from LOS, anyway, imho.

Khwai

Me too.

I have only been there 3 times in last 6 years, never for more then a week. Last time was very recently, that is why I could speak with some authority about what was actually involved.

TH

You are a VISISTOR to the US you don't have any rights. My response is FUCK YOU, stay home.

Nice to see that ugly americans DO exist. :)

Since the events of september 11th clearly shows that a lot of frightening things happen in the U.S.. I'd say we have to follow the Brazilian method and fingerprint and photograph U.S. citizens as well. This will certainly improve security all around. :up:

The U.S. method involves a quick electronic scan, almost no delay. In Brazil, it was pure retaliation, using ink like in the old days and delays reported of up to 12 hours. If they want to do it the same way as the U.S. does, I'd support them, too.

I think all of you need to sit back and chill a bit before bashing a perceived violation of your rights via fingerprinting and pictures of foreign visitors to the US. Some seem to forget what happened on September 11, 2001. Jeeze, you'd think the Democratic National Committee had hikacked this thread. Since this seems to have become a bit to political and will seemingly get more heated, this thread is closed.

Archived