Kurt Cobain 10 years on

SUZIBANDIT

It's been 10 years since Kurt Cobain escaped a rehab clinic in LA, flew to Seattle, walked into his greenhouse, injected a massive dose of heroin and blew his head off with a shotgun on April 5, 1994.

At the age of 27, another rock icon went to an early death, joining Morrison, Hendrix and Joplin, all members of "Club27."

Never a fan of suicide, but it is undeniable that Kurt and Nirvana played a big role in my life and the lives of many others coming of age in the early 90s.

It would have been amazing to see what he could have done had he lived longer. He was only in the spotlight for three years, but he sure did a hell of a lot in such a short time.

Anyways, these 10 years flown by...

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lazyphil

Can you give me a link to a website with the lyrics to the songs on Nevermind as I cant make out what he says when I play my CD?

Not comparing him to Jimi or Janice, but he is an icon. Impossible to not see the influence he had on the world of rock at a time when it was being killed by pre-fabricated hair bands etc.

He was what was needed at the time. Not saying it wouldn't have been someone else if it wasn't him, but it was him and his band that led the way out.

Glad to see your so bitter about things...

:D

Oh, and old too...

:neener:

I have to admit I found Cobain really fascinating. A sensitive soul. His songs were beautiful in a very depressing way. It's a pity he died leaving only a wimpy kind of image. It would have been nice to see him overcome his self disgust. Hope he found some peace...:) :)

I think he was fascinating and like you say he really was a sensitive soul, he always planned to give up music and focus on art, his true passion.

And so much of what he did was depressing, but if you've seen the small town he's from you'd understand.

He really went from arty small town high school dropout to worldwide superstar in a period of a year and a half.

No preparation for that, and a smack habit doesn't help things.

SUZIBANDIT said:

Not comparing him to Jimi or Janice, but he is an icon. Impossible to not see the influence he had on the world of rock at a time when it was being killed by pre-fabricated hair bands etc.

He was what was needed at the time. Not saying it wouldn't have been someone else if it wasn't him, but it was him and his band that led the way out.

Glad to see your so bitter about things...

:D

Oh, and old too...

:neener:

KhunBandit,

No, not bitter at all, where do you see that ???

Just that Kobain was nothing IMO, but was made out to be an icon.

To each his own anyway.

Old ??? read my tagline :neener:

BB

Archived