Bangkok taxi drivers..

From todays Bangkok Post.

"Badly dressed taxi drivers will be fined

500 baht, some drivers dress in T-shirts, shorts and slippers" FLOL. tommy

Well, this 'rule' has been in the offing for a while, though it mystifies me. I travel by taxi 6-8 times a day in BKK and have never ever seen a really badly dressed driver - except maybe for one young chap from Hat Yai who had his jeans torn at the knee. And least of all have I seen a driver in shorts or slippers - ridiculous! During all my thousands of taxis rides in BKK I have never had the misfortune of having to look at a (male) driver's naked leg. Thank the gods for that! I know one female taxi driver, I wouldn't mind her in shorts, but she usually wears jeans or some similar pants.

crazy.gif" border="0

Amazing! This must absolutely be an excuse for tea money as Ringy says, I can't believe anyone gives a shit otherwise.

Do you know what reason they gave that taxi drivers have to dress well? Who's supposed to care?

That's amazing! Why should the police care how a private cab company's drivers look like?!

The only rationale I can see is if the drivers are wearing slippers, as they could be potentially dangerous. But what is endangering the public safety about someone wearing a t-shirt and shorts?

Cheers!

It seems like an easy way for T money. Who sets the standards. I'm sorry sir you are supose to wear a suit when driving to the Oriental. Samuigeorge.

Archived