Pepsi vs Coke

khunsanuk

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My first visit was to LOS 14 years ago. Stayed with expats that said coke and pepsi recipes in LOS were bottled sweeter than usual, due to the Thai propensity for sweeter beverages.

I have no idea if this is true or not, or whether it was true then, and not now. But I do remember at the time, not questioning them, because I do remember tasting a distinct difference. I also don't remember having a cola there since, so can't comment beyond 14 years ago. ::

HT

Stayed with expats that said coke and pepsi recipes in LOS were bottled sweeter than usual, due to the Thai propensity for sweeter beverages.

I have always found Thai Coke in bottles to be much too sweet tasting (low carbonation/medicine taste) but Pepsi much more like that in the US and other countries. Coke currently sold in cans does not have this excess sugar taste but am not sure if a different content or a carbonation change. So if cans I just order "cola" but if bottled "Pepsi".

Hi lopburi3,

Well....only one way to find out, and that is to have a NEP.com member bring a can and bottle of coke & pepsi with them, and then compare to Thailand's version. Should be a 'double blind placebo protocol' though, using Mekong as the placebo. :grinyes:

Poster was right in saying different sweeteners are used throughout the world, depending on local (read this about Coke only). Don't know about Pepsi.

HT

Archived