Pepsi vs Coke

khunsanuk

"Diet coke is hard to find in BKK"

Eh? No, not really. All yer finer establishments carry it. Even Midnite and Washington Sq bars that really do not fit into the above statement LOL!

But you have to ask for it in Thai: Die-Et-Co, with emphais on saying three distinct syllables.

Oh yeah, don't let the can fool ya. It's called Coke Light here. Still a silver & white can tho'.

Cheers,

SD

PS Love those Cougar ads down there! But I think they're funnin' ya as that is no American brand I ever heard of! I also heard that the big-tittied bird in the ads was a Kiwi and got deported for doing those ads without a work permit LOL!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going for Coke. I don't know much about difference in sweeteners and such, but my FAVORITE is the small chubby 25 cl bottles with only white writings that you can get fx. in 7/11. (I'm from Denmark and i do not see these bottles in Europe) I don\t know if the taste actually is different, but it is different to me :p

If i have to drink Pepsi, i go for the twist. This is actually something i do every once in a while, eventhou Coke is awailable.

I never drink light. I dont like the aftertaste from the sweeteners they use

Cheers in Coke mates :beer:

Hi

Ummm.. had my Thai wife with me this trip...she did the asking.

No diet coke: Angelwich,in fact no bars in Nana had DC at all. Same in patpong .

Kings..(all)

plus others we had a quick drink/look in.

Long gun,Tilac,dollhouse,cowboy11,Suzi wongs ,etc on Soi Cowboy..no joy..so Pepsi was the go.

The cougar adds have caused a stir over the years ::

Not a brand i would drink..prefer JB or makers mark :up:

I'm always trying to get diet pepsi, but haven't found a single bar yet that sells it.....

Went to the Big C (supermakret outside Lop buri, but I think they are all over the place) and coulnd't see it in there either, somehow I dont think the thais have taken to "diet" as much as us europeans...

Archived