110 AC charging 220 charger

pattaya127

P127, that wee one (roughly the size of a Zippo lighter and brown in color) I got at Frye's did not heat up. It stayed plugged in for 6-7 months as I used it to run my DVD player when in the States and did not unplug it every day.

Cheers,

SD

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

P127,

I Have the same problem with my Seimans phone. I made the mistake of going to Radio Shack and buying a Step up transformer or what ever, cost $40++ it work with all my LOS purchased appliances...I think cheaper is available at Fry's in Concord or Freemont, or the gigerette lighter option might work, or the USB...the advantage to the transformer is it can be used for many other things like DVD players...

BTW I've measured the output voltage on a few of these chargers that ship with products and they all measure a couple volts higher output than what is written on the charger (used different volt meters to verify).

That's normally because the output of the charger is unregulated (or poorly regulated) and the voltage at the output will drop with the current drawn. Charger will be designed to give the nominal output voltage (say 9V) at the nominal output current (100mA or whatever). If you measure the output with a voltmeter as the only load, you are only drawing microamps of current so the voltage will be higher.

Pattaya 127 is 100% correct. Thailand is the only place that I have ever been that has all their wall sockets accepting both Flat U.S. type plugs and Round European plugs. You only run into trouble when you have the Australian, English (I think), and South African triangular type plugs. The Thai system even has one side larger for the polarity of the US type plugs.

Archived