A Newbie In PI Part 1

ultras67

Well, i am going to head off to the old Flip scene for the first time. Funny how you can be an old dog in so many places but a newbie in others. Just hope I wont make too many newbie mistakes over there.

Anyway, I will keep you all entertained with various

Day 0 -1

My hunt today, after getting my re-entry permit and ticket is for Pesos. None of the banks on Sukhimwit I have tried so far have any. Might need to go to a money changer rather than a bank.

Day 0

Have now landed and entered the country having no pesos at all, no fecker has them in BKK ( apart from at bkk airport which was giving 0.75b to 1P. )

Got to the ATM machine in the airport and uh oh, first card doesnt work ( UK bank ) 2nd card didnt work ( thai bank ) sweat starting to pour out now and shit! forgotton the pin of the 3rd card. With great trepidation I moved to another banks machine to see if it works and HALLLELOOYAHH! I have money.

A quick jump into a taxi and I am in a hotel 40 min after landing.

Well to be honest first impressions are not that good. Just from a quick walk around the area in Ermita the predominant smell is piss - stale and fresh. It is not the most delitefull of areas to say the least. And of course I have landed on Freaking Good Friday! So some of the places are shut AARRRGGHHHHH!

And to top it all the batteries I brought including the ones in my camera are flat so I have to buy new ones as well.

Now where can i see the Arsenal game tonight?

Day 1

HE shoots, he scores ;)

A lot of the bars are shut because of this pigging easter thing and girls are away back home - sort of like songkran. But unlike BKK they have gone and shut the mass transit system for the weekend !! unreal NExt time anyone complains about the BKK holiday efforts I will give them this example.

Next challenge is getting the transport up to AC. Have tried calling SEAIR but they are not answering their phones - gone on holiday as well?? Will try going to their office next to see if I can get a flight tomorrow. If it doesnt work out, the Swagman hotel run a bus for 500P so will probably get that.

Last challenge is trying to work out how the hell I spent 6000P in one night with only a short time ????

Just round the corner from the Ermita Tourist Inn is the famous LA Cafe which is open 24hrs and is quite a nice bar in its own right. Add freelancers to the mix and it gets even better.

It depends when you go as to how many girls there are. I went in around 7pm thinking i would have a meal and then see the footie. Never saw the footie at all. I got talking to a cute 28yr old called Jermicha - at least thats what it sounded like and she said she would do the biz for a round 1K. i only baulked because of the time. Way too early and I wanted to see other places. Also other girls ;)

Walking along Mabini St is seems every other shop is a money changer with wildly differing exchange rates. Just go in negotiate and then lie to get the best deal. Last night I was offered 1.6P / 1B but today its 1.4P apparently because its Saturday. :? :?

I was just walking around to see what was what and I aquired a limpet guide. Some 60+ guy who had super glue attached to him or something as I couldnt shake him for anything. But in someways it was useful as he did show me a couple of places that were still open.

Kings X, Lakay & Japlac bars are all next to each other in Boloco St, the girls in each were uninterested, plain and bored. There were only 2 girls dancing at one time and they were wearing bikini tops and shorts. They were a mix from 23 - 35++ and for me the best was a 7/10. There were 3, 8 and 8 girls respectively in each bar. 85P for a San Miguel beer. They are supposedly open 24hrs. IT seems that in these bars the lady drink pressure is very high. As in, to speak to a lady you have to buy her a drink immediately!

He then took me to Speedy bar in Malbini St where it was more of the same, unappealing and no interest from me. He then led me to another bar which looked decidely dodgy but i thought fuck it, why not and followed him in. He actually went in first to check something and told me to stay outside for some reason. No idea why. When I went in, the first reaction was uh oh, a couple of these girls look a bit young. But after a few minutes and watching them they were young 18,19,20 ish but not young young.

I was quoted a price of $50 long time and maybe a discount as well. My guide said that japs get charged $70 as they have lots of money and locals $40.

Yet again i made an attempt to ditch the guide and he said no no, i will take you to the EDSA complex, many bars there and i live near there so then i will go home. we jumped in a taxi ( it seems like the old days in bkk where none of the taxis have meters and you have negotiate it all ) and sped down there.

The EDSA entertainment complex is basically a shopping mall with gogo bars. The ones before are classed as gogos but there are not really, not in the bkk sense. These ones are. but in there a thai barfine system is inplace so 1000P for the bar and I was quoted between 3000 & 5000P depending on the girl ( near enough 4000B all in ) and their drinks are double your drinks ie beer 100P and a lady drink in 1 place was 193P - odd figure.

In there are Firehouse ( best looking girls ), Cotton Club, Pitstop, My Fair Club and a couple of others. They are suppoesed to close at 3am but a couple closed around 1am - presumably because of no customers. A lot of the girls are dancing with underwear on under the bikinis. It does them no favours at all, especially round the rear.

Before you go in you are frisked by a guy with a pump action shotgun before you get in ( and there is another backup guy behind him as well with the same ).

I finally mamaged to dump my guide with a pay off of 120P. In one way it was quite funny as when he first approached me, I said my name was David, then when I went into a bar I signed my name on the bill ( standard procedure here ) and i put my real name, the girl asked how to pronounce it and i said it. He then picked up on it and said, "i thought you name was David ?" OOOPPSS ah well.

I went back to the LA cafe to see what was happening and a new mix of FLs had come in and before I knew it I had one on my knee - except whe wasnt new. It was Jermicha who had gone home and changed her clothing or had been taken home ;) and then had changed her clothing. Anyway, as it was now around 2.30am I decided yup and took her back for a ST. She said she didnt do LT.

She had said she had no baby but when in the room didnt have a shower and quickly undressed with her back to me and jumped under the covers. When i brought out the camera she wouldnt agree to anything but finally said ok to a head shot. When I joiuned her she was immediately responding to kisses and touches but wouldnt let me really get my fingers wet - if you know what i mean - i plunged under the covers and found out why she was so shy. she had the butchers c section scar from the belly button down to just above the hair line. A few seconds down there and she was "fuck me,fuck me" so I duly obliged and then after it was over suddenly realised she had got out of giving me a smoke. ah well, it was still a good one holer, she had previously confirmed she wouldnt do anything "back there ".

So, one down many more to go.

Great report. It would probably be better to fly to Angeles as you plan. Previous trip, I took a taxi from Manila to Angeles and it took 4.5 hours. Road construction to Angeles and traffic in Manila was a real bitch.

I have read that road construction to Angeles is improving the times it takes now to get there from Manila. Angeles certainly is well worth a trip and the exchange rate to the dollar is great :)

I had the same problem with the ATM cards. I have not found a card that works easily with the ATMs in the PI. I carry more cash with me when coming to PI, as life would really suck without available spending money :(

I know all the places you are talking about. nice memories. I took my very first barfine in my life from Lakay.

In January I found a very nice girl at Jaclac and we had a nice romantic evening together.

You can get girls at Edsa for 2000-2500 OVERNIGHT but you must appear that you know the scene.

I might put up my report from Manila if there is enough interest.

I have a card that use the Plus network and have never had a problem getting cash in Angeles. Although there are certain banks that do not accept overseas cards ( cannot remember which). The biggest problem in Angeles is that the ATMs are on the base about a 15 minute drive away. They will only let you take 5000 pesos at one go so you have to do many transactions, and the machines are sometimes short of cash around holidays.

The Manila - Angeles highway is much improved and improves every visit. Although there still are a few bottlenecks around the first Toll Booths. I still choose to fly up and taxi back.

I will be back in Angeles on 23rd April anyone else gonna be there ?

Day 0 -1

My hunt today, after getting my re-entry permit and ticket is for Pesos. None of the banks on Sukhimwit I have tried so far have any. Might need to go to a money changer rather than a bank

--------------------

The best place to go is the Bangkok head office on Silom. Just opposite PP and down the road. Up to the second floor. Take a cue number for currency buying. Head down towards desk 20ish. Wait forever. Bring your passport. But they have everything there.

Archived