Good Travel Agent in BKK?

I am considering using BKK as my base of operations for extensive travel this fall. Can anyone recommend a good travel agent in BKK? What can I expect to pay to locations such as Denpasar, Manila or Delhi? Would I be better off booking here in the US before going? Thanks in advance for your input.

Aloha

AW Business is a good travel agent in Business Inn on Sukhumvit Soi 11/1. I use them a lot. Another good one is just opposite Hotel Malaysia.

STA Travel in Wall Street Tower near Patpong is a little bit more expensive.

Expect to pay the same prices as quoted atwww.flights.com (chose Baht as currency and Thailand as location).

[ June 03, 2001: Message edited by: iuytrede ]

Try AW Business on Sukhumit. I think they are located on Soi 11/1. I used them several times. Good service and reasonable tickets. Their phone # 255-7155 and email address is awbusinn@asiaaccess.net.th.

Mr. Scott --

Not having travelled to the particular destinations you name, I can't cite prices.

However, I use a travel agency owned and operated by two brothers, Manat and "Charlie," called "Manat's Travel" [Manat being the senior partner, as I understand it]. You may very well be able to find better prices in Bangkok with persistent shopping, but one of the chief draws is that they will hand-deliver your ticket(s) to you personally within a reasonable distance. I live near the Asoke-Sukhumvit intersection, and routinely have tickets delievered to me in one of the bars or restaurants in Washington Square, a few blocks from my residence.

Though I haven't shopped for tickets in the U.S. in some time, friends who have assure me fares starting HERE are much cheaper, overall, than fares paid Stateside for exactly the same tickets.

Unfortunately, Manat and Charlie don't have an e-mail address. However, you can telephone them on (+66) (+2) 237-2738/237-2739. And they may be worth checking out. Last time I flew to the States from here (admittedly nearly 2 years ago), I paid the then-equivalent of under US$700 for a round-trip ticket BKK-Dallas-BKK, or less than US$350 each way. Circumstances led me to make an emergency return to BKK, and the airline on which I had a ticket was booked for days on end with long waiting lists, so I bought a one-way ticket Dallas-Bangkok -- and paid nearly US$800. While we all know one-way tickets are more than half-price of round-trip tickets, to pay more in the U.S. for the one-way than I paid for the entire round-trip in Bangkok did grate.

Hope this helps.

Mekhong Kurt

P.S.: If you want to buy tickets Stateside, check Eva Airway, especially their Economy Deluxe class (if money is a concern).

Thank you all for the assistance. Kurt, From what I have asertained via this board and the internet, it does seem cheaper to buy over there. Can I tell Manat & Charlie that you referred me? Unfortunately, I dont think Eva flys out of Hawaii.

Aloha

Archived