Thai outdoes farang for gullibility, hands down!

pattaya127

Pattaya Mail:

Bangkok businesswoman conned out of 100,000 baht

Left broke and stranded in North Pattaya

Boonlua Chatree

----------------------------------------------

In the movie The Matchstick Men, Nicolas Cage tells his daughter& that crime pays, just not that much&. Well, a Thai matchstick man did well for himself last week when he made off with 100,000 baht, leaving his victim wondering what could possibly have just happened.

Napussakorn Amoon, 34, a teak tree exporter, called police after a man purporting to be a football player on the Thai national team left her broke and stranded here in Pattaya.

Napussakorn Amoon was in shock when she realized she had just given a conman 100,000 baht.

Napussakorn told police that the man invited her and her friend Kornkanok Butsabok, 31, to go to Pattaya with him in his car. On the way, he told me that his friend urgently needed to transfer an amount of money to him. But he had no bankbook or any number account with him at the time, so he asked for mine. I thought it was not going to be a big deal. Then I let him use my Visa credit card to withdraw the money. Unfortunately, he took out all of my money, a total of 100,000 baht, and then fled the scene on a hired motorcycle. But I can't drive so I called the police to track him, said Napussakorn.

Apparently the car, a silver Hyundai, was a stolen vehicle.

The man told the women his name was Arun Chayachun, 39, a national soccer player. However, a photo of the real Arun Chayachun did not match the description the women gave of the conman.

Police will continue their search.

Archived