70 Said Killed in Thailand Gunbattles

Fidel

Has anyone caught the footage from this event on tv or cable? The Thai forces just looked very disturbed at the absolute stupidity of the attacking side in taking them on when they were clearly going to get cut-down, which they did. Driving past machine-gun nests in open pickups and firing upon them with pot-shots until the heavy machine-guns chop you to shreds is not such a brilliant idea - but everyone except those that did it knows this...you can't help some people and this was the look of the Thai forces in the battle and that about sums it all up!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At the risk of incurring KS' ire on this one, I think you may have missed the point, SC. If you are a devout Muslim with stuff-all on this planet and a cleric tells you that you will win yourself a place in heaven by martyring yourself, it beats the hell out of being told that you are just another worthless peasant by all and sundry. A lot of these guys actually *want* to die in battle.

Driving past machine-gun nests in open pickups and firing upon them with pot-shots until the heavy machine-guns chop you to shreds is not such a brilliant idea

Art imitates life....wanna bet they showed "Black Hawk Down" in movie theatres down south...how cool the Somali Techincals looked firing AKs out of Toyotas.....

How unsucessful they are when going up against even the worst trained soldiers....

The other thing to keep in mind about this incident, and it bodes ill for security forces, is that the extremists DONT CARE.....in other words they have no fear of death or dying..this historically has been a feature of the fanatical Islamic armies...witnesss the dervishes fighting at Omdurman for example...

Have a freind in Afghanistan right now, got a letter from him the other day..he is up to 31 confirmed kills becasue he says that they wont take cover! Either its unmanly or they are fearless, but they start blasting their AKs at 200 yards and he is behind cover picking them off....

Ya got extremism, yer gonna have bloodshed...Too bad I wanted to run around South Thailand with my wifey (less nightlife temptations)

.in other words they have no fear of death or dying..this historically has been a feature of the fanatical Islamic armies.

-wa

I think the mistake that you and other people are making is assumining that because the agreeved parties in southern Thailand are Muslims they are part of some pan islamic martyr brigade engaged in global fight against Democracy McDonalds and sex toursim and for that whatever form of brutality may have been or will be employed to supress them is to be applauded.

WA your imposing your ideas about 'islamo facists' on people who know nothing of Dervishes or Ottomans, on the other hand the ethnic Malays in southern Thailand are probably very familiar with the verb mengamok, which is bound to a belief in protection by will and righteousness, that certainly predates the arrival of Islam in South East Asia. 

Chanchao said: <snip> After successfully cleaning up the mess, I hope and trust that the Thai government will now also reach out to the people in the deep South and continue to build a country that is a home for people of all backgrounds.

Where's the choking in disbelief graemlin?

Surely, you are being somewhat facetious here, yes?

KS is right, guys!

this thread can go on, but at least show you know something of the situation down there. The islamo-fascism stance makes good copy, but if that's all that comes about in this thread, might as well close it.

personally, It really smells like a set-up, police/army/authorities knew about it, and these kids were massacred. IMO, of course, but no one would doubt they're capable of that.

What got me with the TV coverage and the news pics was seeing the kids on their motorbikes who had been cut down. Both the driver and the pilion passenger are laying on the ground, legs right next to the bike still in the riding postion. And there in each hand is a firmly clutched machete.

Now you're telling me that some kid was riding a moped through a hail of gunfire while holding a machete, was cut down with bullets while on a moving vehicle, slammed into the ground and yet still somehow managed to hold onto to his two-foot long machete?

Not even GI Joe Kung Fu Grip could handle that one.

Not doubting the events, but doubting if we're getting the full story.

Hmm....

SoiledCowboy said:

And much of the same from an Australian major newspaper.

Sympathies to the Thai forces families that were lost in the battle against these cave-dwelling neanderthals whose answer to every one of life's problems is always bloodshed.

Do you KNOW why this is going on ?

These people are living in a land where they are seriously looked upon as 3rd class citizens....no chance of a decent job, no education etc etc.

The reason ? They are Muslim and in the minority.

Now I'm not saying if the Thai Military were right or wrong with their heavy-handed approach nor do I agree with the muslims tactics, but to call these people 'neanderthals' is harsh.

This will get a lot worse before it gets better!!

Archived