Filopina Bargirls Mercenary?

Sarisin

Pattaya 127 suggested I create a thread to expound further on a comment I made on a post in the GD section. I said on a recent trip to Angeles City that I found the Filopina bargirls to be less mercenary than their sister BGs here in the LOS.

I spent two weeks in Angeles City in April just returning Sunday. During that time I visited about 50 bars, some, of course, more than once. They ranged from the big splashy bars like Nero's and Blue Nile to the hole-in-the-wall joints like Nifty's, Ben Lucky, and Hole-In-The-Wall. :) I went out both alone and also with some AC vets to the bars.

I took home seven BGs from seven different bars, one lady I went back for seconds. In all cases, except one, I paid the 1,000 P barfine (one I met on the street and she was off that night).

From the Thailand perspective over the years I have taken home many BGs - I'll omit the boring statistics. Honestly, during the last year, though, there have not been that many as compared to say, 1997 - 2002.

Anyway, it occurred to me that based on my recent experience in both places that the Filopina BGs seemed a lot less mercenary that the Thais. Yes, this is just one man's view based on a rather limited sample size, but let me lay it out for you and see what you think.

Comments are welcome.

1. What usually happens as soon as you sit down in a BKK (or Pattaya) gogo bar? Usually, you have a lady sit down with you...and one of the first things that happens is she asks you to buy her a drink. Not always, but usually.

In AC, I never once had a dancer, waitress, GRO (Guest Relations Officer) ask me to buy her a drink. I had plenty sit down with me, but none asked for a drink.

Why not? They also get a commission every time you buy them a ladydrink. In fact, the ladydrinks in AC can be more expensive than the ones in the LOS, so there is more money in it for her.

No, I was not pestered to immediately buy a ladies drink.

Now, one good thing about AC is that you can call a girl down from the dancing stage and you are OBLIGATED to buy her that drink. But, you must call her over. One bonus is that she must continue to sit with you even though it is her turn to dance as long as you are buying her drinks. They don't gulp them down to get another and earn more drinks commission.

2. So, there you are in Rainbow Bar in NEP and you bought the ladydrink. You are engaged in small talk with the new friend you have. How long is it before she asks you to pay her barfine? Not long.

In AC, not one lady asked me to pay her barfine. Yes, they are very happy and accept if you offer, but no whining or pleading to pay a barfine followed by storming off if you refuse.

In AC, the lady gets one-half (500 P) of the barfine amount and, of course, that ends her evening of dancing. You would think they would be pushing barfines like crazy.

Not one pushed a barfine on me.

3. OK, you decided to barfine that sweet dancer from Rainbow and you are on your way out of NEP. Uh oh, she spots a stuffed animal, blouse, shoes, underwear, CD, food, jewelry, cosmetics, perfumes, etc. etc. and the Buy Me's hit her. You are deluged with requests to buy things for her. There is no mistake that all those vendors are lined up on Soi 4 and Suk selling bargirl items.

Again, after I paid the barfine and we left the bar, there were no requests to buy things. Yes, I did offer to take her to get something to eat and that was met with sincere appreciation. Now, in AC, some girls love to barhop after they are barfined and that can be fun or just costly depending on you. I didn't have any girls this trip ask me to do this.

4. Alright, you made it past all those vendors and back to your hotel or apt. You have already discussed price with the lady and do the deed. How many times have you had the lady ask for more? Or, ask for 'taxi money?' Or ask for something she sees just laying around your place?

In AC, I never had one lady ask for more money. In fact, most were dressed and ready to leave when I stopped them and gave them a couple hundred (500P for the good ones) pesos as a tip. They were very grateful for this.

In AC, I had all long-times, no short-times. I think the ladies were more concerned about something else besides the money. I am not saying they did not care about the money, but that it was not the number one thing burned into their brains.

I know this list is mostly about Thailand and experiences with Thai ladies. I don't think any of you can deny that you have not been pushed to buy ladydrinks, pay barfines, buy stuff or add money to the BG's take. These things probably happen in the PI too, but this trip they did not to me, and I rather liked that.

This is one reason why I enjoyed the sanuk in the Philippines more than I have lately in Thailand. Also, it is one of the reasons I have already booked a return trip to AC in December and am looking for a way to slide in a bonus trip in Sept.

No, I am not packing up and moving to AC, but I am enjoying myself more when I am there. The sanuk is still here in the LOS, but IMO it just costs more and can be more troublesome than in the PI based on my recent experience.

Yes.

I agree with you, though the Philippinas are more laid back IMHO and whilst this is pleasant, it can be boring. I find the Thais more mercenary but there's often more edge to the GF experience.

Cheers

Coss

Sounds bad, and i belive your BKK experience. This time, in Pattaya, I went out to bars and gogos probably more than in the past few years together. What you describe never happened to me, some of the nanaplazers who were with me can corroborate. Yes, we had girls sitting next to us, but never asked for a drink. They'd stay a good 20 minutes before moving on or would come back to sit after their lap turn. Eventually, sure we bought drinks, but it was our decision, not their asking.

I went to gogos on Walking St. on my own before i meet my GF bartending until 2am, and was left perfectly alone.

Not wishing to start another BKK/Pattaya row, and i am sure it happens also in Pattaya, but it never seems that hard-pushed.

Experience limited, so curious to see what others have to say.

Mr S

I have only been there once in '98 and had a miserable time. I found that having been paid as it were already they were not bothered about putting any effort in, and I had a couple who just would not do anything.I did get to shag a relative of the Marcos family though bedecked in cartier watches and jewels, but that was apart from the bar scene. As usual though your posts make me feel like going and having another try, it would have to be better than the first trip. Do they still have cherry girls in the bars? You are right about pushy girls wanting drinks, but I expect knowing what a jai dee bloke you are they expect it maybe more than they might someone else. I even had a well known bar owner ask me after a few minutes not so long back where her f ucking drink was, charming -peter

You've got Pattaya on the brain-we are talking about Angeles. While we are on the subject though that's the second worse place I have been to. In four visits I only had sex with two girls and both of those ripped me off. Went once for a week but was so repulsed by it left after one night. Don't want to get into an argument about it tho as it has already got me banned on another board this weekend-peter

Thats ashame, I want to consider a side trip to Angeles one day but the cherry girls and the pay upfront kind of deter me from going. Why don't they clear the cherry girls out or have some concrete way of defining them? I would love to be able to separate the wheat from the chaff so to speak. Also make barfines 300 or something and let us negotiate with the girl afterward. That is a bullshit system and keeps me away from Angeles City when there are places like Pattaya etc.

Oneye

I'm not sure Filipinas are any less-mercenary (motivated by reasons of gain) than Thai girls. They all like money....who doesn't? And I have yet to meet a go-go dancer who did it just for the excercise. Or are we talking about Thai girls being greedier than Filipinas?

This is a wild generalization but I do think Thai girls (and Thais in general) have a higher opinion of themselves than Filipinas, and I think it may be that they have higher aspirations. Which is why Filipinas seem happy to be nurses, maids, nannies etc..

Thais also seem to have more national pride than Filipinos but something you don't get in PR is the 'farang' thing which has become more and more a term of contempt in Thailand.

Anyway these are just generalizations based on one person's skewed observations. :)

Sarisin said:

1. What usually happens as soon as you sit down in a BKK (or Pattaya) gogo bar? Usually, you have a lady sit down with you...and one of the first things that happens is she asks you to buy her a drink. Not always, but usually.

No, I was not pestered to immediately buy a ladies drink.

In AC looking back, I think you are right, but in Manilla I was told in a few places that I had to buy a drink for a girl before I spoke to her.

Now, one good thing about AC is that you can call a girl down from the dancing stage and you are OBLIGATED to buy her that drink. But, you must call her over. One bonus is that she must continue to sit with you even though it is her turn to dance as long as you are buying her drinks.

Not sure if thats the case in all bars, as I had one dancer get back up to dance ( it was a dance contest so it doesnt really count ) but she did do a runner on me to another customer leaving most of her drink untouched.

2. So, there you are in Rainbow Bar in NEP and you bought the ladydrink. You are engaged in small talk with the new friend you have. How long is it before she asks you to pay her barfine? Not long.

In AC, not one lady asked me to pay her barfine. Yes, they are very happy and accept if you offer, but no whining or pleading to pay a barfine followed by storming off if you refuse.

Maybe it was the newbie smell on me but I did have that a few times including one doorgirl that followed me in and asked for a bf before I got my drink from the bar and then stormed off when I didnt bf her after 1 minute!

3. OK, you decided to barfine that sweet dancer from Rainbow and you are on your way out of NEP. Uh oh, she spots a stuffed animal, blouse, shoes, underwear, CD, food, jewelry, cosmetics, perfumes, etc. etc. and the Buy Me's hit her. You are deluged with requests to buy things for her. There is no mistake that all those vendors are lined up on Soi 4 and Suk selling bargirl items.

Again, after I paid the barfine and we left the bar, there were no requests to buy things. Yes, I did offer to take her to get something to eat and that was met with sincere appreciation. Now, in AC, some girls love to barhop after they are barfined and that can be fun or just costly depending on you. I didn't have any girls this trip ask me to do this.

True but then there are very few shops in Fields Ave they can buy stuff from at 3 or 4 or 5am. :: Might be different if there were. Maybe thats why most dont experience it. A couple of the girls I had did want to barhop but I have experienced that here as well.

4. Alright, you made it past all those vendors and back to your hotel or apt. You have already discussed price with the lady and do the deed. How many times have you had the lady ask for more? Or, ask for 'taxi money?' Or ask for something she sees just laying around your place?

In AC, I never had one lady ask for more money. In fact, most were dressed and ready to leave when I stopped them and gave them a couple hundred (500P for the good ones) pesos as a tip. They were very grateful for this.

Of the 4 I took back, only the runner who stayed ST asked for more - taxi money. But then, I tend not to experience that here, maybe 5% and if they do they dont get asked back again.

So do I agree with your original point, hmm.

I think, from my one trip to PI I would have to say that they are about the same ( including the Manilla girls ). Comparing only AC to BKK, then I would, on average, agree with you. But I am at the point here where I tend to now take very few "new" girls as I have a steady bank of regulars. If I went back into the pool so to speak, there are a lot of sharks swimming around that need to be recognised and avoided.

Maybe a better comparison would be AC to Pattaya than AC to Bangkok. I tend to find the gogo girls on average nicer down there.

Sorry to derail the thread a little just wanted to add comment about cherry girls in response to Oneyes comment above. Since being a regular traveller to PI, I see a lot of negativity about cherry girls and that puts people off going to PI.

My own feeling is that the cherry in a bar should be a non issue. Its so easy to figure out which one are cherry and which ones are not. If you cannot tell by looking ( that shy demure girl who will not make eye contact) then any one of the following will work

Ask the girl herself...... if you call her over just ask her, she will tell you, in fact most of the girls will tell you very quickly without asking, or one of her friends will let you know that you are with a cherry and not to expect anything.

Ask the waitress who is serving you ...... more so in the small bars the waitress will know all the girls and know exactly which one is cherry

Ask a mamasan...... they know everything about the girls ( sometimes more than you need want know )

Ask the papasan/manager....... he might not know all the girls well but he will know a lot of them and if he does not know he will get a mamasan.

I read occasionally that people get back to the room and find out that their girl is cherry, I can never understand this happening, as soon as you ask to bar fine a girl who is cherry, either the girl herself will tell you ( since she may not want to lose it) or the mamasan will make you aware of the fact. I can only put it down to some guys thinking that "if she goes with me I can break that cherry" and then being pissed of when they can't.

My personal feeling on cherry girls is that its no problem to have them in the bar, because its easy to figure out who they are. I have a number of cherry girls I visit in the bars I always buy them drinks some are great fun to be around. I have bar fined cherry girls for bar hopping before, always with a more experienced colleague.

I even have one I bar fine occasionally and take back to my room just for a night off from the insanity that is drinking your self stupid every night and taking a different girl. Never tried to break her cherry never will, she is just a fun happy girl who is nice to be around.

I will now "resume normal service and get back on topic and comment on the mercenary issue.

Archived