condom use?

thai3

Guest lazyphil

Look at the amount of Thais who ride a motorbike or motorbike taxi in manic bkk traffic without a crash helmet (drunk too often!)--many die every week and they do know the risks and its the same mentality as the bgs/condoms--in fact look at the dozens of huge safety violations in LOS that simply would not be tolerated in Holland or England for example, overhead electric cables dangling on your head on those foot bridges over highways, bald tyres on big trucks, the list is endless, it seems to me Thais generally have low standards/expectations in health and safety and condom (lack of) usage is just one in a long list of things that leaves westerners stratching their heads!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Phil,

IMO/E the main factor is because they don't have first hand experience with nasty incidents.

I know a dozen of Thais who do carry a helmet at all times after being involved in an accident.

Same for BGs I've spoken to regarding condom usage after having caught a disease.

In any case, that's just my experience.

But you're right that it's unbelievable to see so many helmetless heads on the road while I'm sure most of them see/read the daily newspaper full of dead bodies caused by traffic incidents.

I think we all are/were "hard" learners at some point and need to fall on our ass at least once before comprehending real danger, but for the above I think it's so damn unnecessary.

Zaad, Whatever?

Whatever.

read Flyonzewall's post.

Some prostitutes insist on condoms, some do not - and that is for vaginal sex. For oral sex, the number of prostitutes that use condoms for protection, I would say drops off dramatically. Some places specialize and brag that they do not use condoms during oral sex. How do those take girls care of their bodies in that type of situation? How can a girl protect herself from a penis that has gonorhea and has to suck it without any protection? Besides, why would she - money, and only money.

Prostitutes work as prostitutes for money. Some use condoms, some do not. Those that do not use dondoms all the time, work mostly for money.

If a prostitute has a STD, does she still work? In some cases yes. Why? She works for money.

As I said, whatever?

Whatever.

read Flyonzewall's post.

Hey, give the guy a break will ya?

You're not trying to close discussions with the Because-Fly-Says-So argument are you? :)

His exp. and opinion and as valid as any of ours.

Relax or as you say..whatever ;)

>>>You're not trying to close discussions with the Because-Fly-Says-So argument are you? <<<

why not?

i think that is perfectly permissable and, if i may add, very convenient.

i think that should be made boardpolicy. ;)

from this position i also find it ridiculous when someone here is attacked for not using condoms. the only thing it says is that his attackers have not yet went so far into the scene. but give it time...

Hi FOZW,

Sorry, but I can't agree with this at all. Firstly, at what point do you "go far into the scene"...one trip, two trips, two years??

I am only 31, but first got introduced into "the scene" in Thailand when I was 25. Out of those six years, I have lived in LOS for two, and made (from memory) 18 other trips in those other 4 years. I have never once had unprotected sex with a BG. Ever. Its just not worth the risk.

Maybe because I am younger and have never lived in a "non-AIDS" age I am more aware of condom use and the risks involved with not using them. But I don't think so. I think all us farangs are now aware of the potential risks and consequences of unsafe sex.

I just don't see why anyone would sleep with a working girl (or any girl for that matter) without a condom. WHY?!!!

Its just not worth it. Saying "I was drunk", or "I was just too horny and not thinking straight" aren't legitimate excuses.

Those of us who engage in sex with Thai sex workers are already sleeping with a high-risk category of woman. Why increase that risk? I just don't get it. If people aren't going to wear a condom, then that's fine - you take the risk. But surely you have a moral obligation to protect the person you're sleeping with, and all the other sanukkers out there???

>>>>>Prostitutes work as prostitutes for money. Some use condoms, some do not. Those that do not use dondoms all the time, work mostly for money.<<<<<

Sorry, I had to laugh at this. ::

So the ones that do use, don't work mostly for money? :doah:

HT

Can I remind you that you talk about the silliness of risking unprotected sex with a "high-risk category of woman" here while on another thread (How to be a successful butterfly) you absurdly think you actually have to tiptoe around the same category (in particular, with a girl you went with twice!) as though they're real girlfriends?! :dunno:

And to think, with a name like FlyPapillon, I thought you'd be a pro!

I was astounded, in this thread, to find a view from flyonzewall similar to mine. It's nothing other than personal choice. You either take the risk and don't whine if you pay the price or you play it safe. Simple as that.

>>>Firstly, at what point do you "go far into the scene"...one trip, two trips, two years??<<<

has nothing to do with a timespan - its about a mental condition, when the nightlife has consumed one.

see, where i am now, i do not understand why people take the risks, but i was there myself many years ago. so what right do i have to put myself on a moral highground when i was doing exactly the same thing as those who are attacked for not using condoms?

in those days my mind was somewhere completely different than where it is now. and nobody who used a logic from a very different world, the 'normal' world, had any impact whatsoever on my behavior.

>>>But surely you have a moral obligation to protect the person you're sleeping with, and all the other sanukkers out there??? <<<

in those days i only slept with girls in exactly the same mental condition i was in, condoms were not an issue for them as well. and other "sanukers"? i had my mates who were like me, and some citicens on a trip were the last thing i cared about. they intruded into "my" world, and better adapted to that world, or get the fuck out and away from me. the only thing they did was providing the girls with party money, and party we did.

now, looking back from a distance of more than a decade, i was completely mad then, but so was almost everybody i was around with. i am somewhat grateful that i made those experiences, and very lucky to get out of it again relatively unharmed (compared to the benefits i drew out of). many people i was around with did not.

what i am trying to say here is that using normal world logic and moral on some intense lifestyle such as this is just not working. not for the blokes involved, and not for the girls.

Archived