Concert Report - LOSO in Pattaya

MooNoi

About two weeks ago went to see LOSO at X-Ztye in Pattaya. (17 April I think it was).

Being one of my favourite Thai bands, I was unbelievably excited about seeing them live.

The price was 1200B for a table of 4 people including a bottle of Chivas Regal. (But NOT including mixers, which at X-Ztye are expensive! I think we were paying 80B per soda and coke and 50B for ice). Still, no matter... Its LOSO! :D

Didn't have a "four-some" to go with, so went with one farang friend and we paid 600B each and shared our bottle with a couple of cute GTG's next to us who were more than happy to share our Chivas. (And more than happy to go home without us! :( )

Anyway, it was a great shock to me when LOSO came on stage. Sure, Sek, the lead singer, was there, but the other two members of LOSO were not! Get this... he had farangs playing with him! The bass player and the drummer were farangs! Personally, I found this a little disappointing, as to me, LOSO is three Thai guys... not a Thai guy and a couple of farangs! Having said that, the two farang guys were excellent musicians and knew and played the songs very very well. Still, it seemed to lose a little authenticity for me. Apparently, Sek has been in London lately trying to break into the British music scene, (how?!), and brought these farangs back with him. (Can anyone confirm this?)

They played all the favourites... Panthip, Fontok Tee Natung, 5 Nahtee, Happy Birthday... etc. etc. and many more.

It must have been about 90 minutes they were on stage, so there was good value in the performance.

The place was going nuts with Thais dancing as only partying Thais can, and a great feeling in the place.

It was only marred by a couple of pissed-out-of-their brain farangs trying to get on stage near the end to shake Sek's hand... wankers! :onfire: :banghead:

It was loud, it was intense, it was hot, it was sweaty, but it was great. If you ever get a chance to see LOSO live I can wholly recommend that you do.

The club closed straight after they finished, and on the way out, (and with half a bottle of Chivas and four beers inside me), was "wai-ed" and "sawadtee-ka'd" by an unbelievably gorgeous usher/greeting girl on the way out. I waited until the crowd had decreased and started talking to her. I asked her if she wanted to go and grab some food when she was finished, and she agreed. We are then sitting at the noodle-stall and it was time to go. I asked her if she would like to accompany me to the hotel, to which she replied, "how much you give me?" :banghead:

I asked how much she wanted and was promptly quoted 6000 B!

:o Arai wa???!!! Funny thing is, she was that gorgeous that I actually thought about it for a split-second, but then politely declined and wandered off home alone, picking up a stray BG in Soi Honey Inn who went with me for 500 B long time and performed admirably!!! :applause: But it wasn't her I was thinking about when I was doing the deed! :devil:

But it was a great show, and a great night out watching a great band.

Anyway, Now... if only I could find out when "TAXI" are playing, my Thai musical needs would almost be fulfilled!!! :doah:

Fly P.

Nice report. I saw Loso a couple months ago in Ladprao (Bangkok) and it was only 100 baht cover! :D They actually had a Chivas promotion that night for 900 baht a bottle. It was the authentic group too, no farangs. They didn't do my favorite though: kon bah! :banghead:

Archived