Bush offers to set up US military base in Thailand

elef

Bush offers to set up US military base in Thailand

Published on May 4, 2004

The United States has offered to set up a military base in Thailand following violence in the deep South attributed to Islamic separatists, according to a source familiar with security affairs.

US President George W Bush made the offer to Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra to help solve regional security problems amid increased fears about the involvement of international terrorists, Metha Matkhao, coordinator for a non-government human rights organisation, said yesterday.

Metha, who said he learned about the US offer from a reliable security source, called on the premier and the National Security Council to explain what Bush had offered.

"This is a very important issue and requires public participation in making a decision. If the government agrees to the offer, the country will be placed in a bad light in the eyes of Muslims all over the world," Metha said.

Another source said Bush had also secretly offered to send anti-terrorist forces to fight alongside Thai soldiers in the South, an arrangement similar to the military assistance the US provided to the Philippine government to help it suppress an Islamic rebellion on the island of Mindanao.

The nation

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They are already there...How many Thai police have gone to the FBI academy...Next door to CIA etc. Plane Loads in nice matching wind breakers with FBI etc.

The entire of Thailand is protected by a ring of eletronic listening devices that hear more than just the drugs being moved.

Open a base...There is one in BKK. JUSMAG is what you are looking at! I think the people of Thailand live a better life and are much more free because we are there.

SoiSlut said:

I think the people of Thailand live a better life and are much more free because we are there.

Sure....... and all Thai women are hookers too !

Sorry, could not resist commenting on this mindopening statement.

BB

seeing the light

How rude, all thai women are not hookers. What a terrable thing to say about a group of lovley people. I happen to have a wonderful relationship with a women who has never sold her body, well educated and makes me very happy. She has two great daughters and stays in a 16,000 baht a month apartment which I pay for and I see her about 2 weeks every other month! But she loves me! Aren't I a lucky guy?

I cannot recall any president and leader of the free world in since kennedy that people and the media have not ridiculed, had Gore won the election I'm sure he would have been called an idiot as well. Why do some always want to run down the USA, god bless it I say and all who hold the office of President. The USA has saved us from the Nazis, the commies and now the Islamic madman. Oh yeah and thier cash rebuilt europe after the war, not a bad record, even if they do sometimes make mistakes-peter

I am glad to be an American , I think the USA has done many great things to help other countries.

But one of the great things about the USA is that up till now we are able to question the government.

I hope this never stops !

OH.....and I hope the French etc never stop questioning what the USA does,

Americans often do not see what our military actions do to other 3rd party counties.

At least the French have the balls to ask questions.

somewhere around here is my old 70s bumper sticker

"question authority"

Archived