A poll for Kiwis - mate.

Coss

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well Asiahand,

seems like it's just you and me, let me know if you're in Akl at any time for a beer or seven, and if I'm in Wellywood I'll let you know also.

Cheers

Coss

Hi STH,

I know what you mean - latest estimate is that there are at least 1 million Aussies living and working OS. The tragic part is that politicians often make a lot of noise about stopping the 'brain drain', but the problem seems to get worse each year.

If the Aussies I drank with whilst in Europe are anything to go by, the 'brain drain' is but a myth.

Somehow I didn't manage to save, nor send home, one penny while working in the UK either.

I blame STH and his mates for leading me astray.

artiew said:

I'm confident that there are a lot of Kiwis on the board, but they dont live in the Land of the Long White Cloud.

I'm told that the population of NZ is about 3 million - given that we have *at least* 1 million of you here in Oz, and there would be another million spread throughout Europe and Asia, I'm not sure if the country could cope if every expat returned home.

Once again, I implore you to take Russell Crowe and Richard Wilkins back, in exchange for any 100 Aussies who have moved to NZ. Please.

Hi Artiew

100....Typo?? Ten me thinks max ::

coss said:

You are aware of course, that every Kiwi who leaves the land of the long white cloud, to reside on OZ, raises the average IQ of both countries?

Cheers

Coss

:) :) :)

:applause::bow: LMAO

how true, how true :neener:

Thanks very much, LHL - let me know if you are ever in sunny Qld, and we'll, ahem, catch up ::

Its always amused me that Kiwis will happily leave a pristine environment to live in the roughest parts of Sydney and Melbourne just to make a few more dollars. They really know how to party, I'll grant them that much. I vividly remember an old block of flats in Bondi which seemed to have a Maori or Pakeha face poking out of every squalid window when I came back from a surf each morning. The ill effects of a night of bonging-and-grogging-on etched in to their features, one or two somehow managing to elicit a cheery 'How's the surf, Bro ?' in that unmistakeable Kiwi accent.

Ah, the eighties - if only we could go back, eh bro ? ::

No worries, Coss, I will be at Akl intl next Thursday boarding my regular flight/jet to BKK.

Well there is myself, Coss, Stickman and Pete from Flb bar in Ptty who are all kiwis. Well thats a start. Lets see, 4 lonely bods.

Archived