football fan

I just saw him on the 6 o'clock news.Talks are being held friday as he wants to by a 30% stake which will cost him 2,100,000,000bht ::.The only player he knew was Micheal Owen :(. He'll be fucked when he moves to the sunnier climbs of the La Leagua in the summer

:neener:

The most shocking part of this story is not that Thaksin wants to buy a stake in Liverpool, no, but that he intends to use a mixture of public and private funds to buy 30 % of the shares. WTF? Use tax payers' money to buy a stake in a foreign football club? Doesn't Thailand have more pressing matters to invest the money on?

My bet is that Thaksin will set up a PLC with himself as the major shareholder and the thai government as a major investor, so he can control a30 % stake of Liverpool while actually buying only 16 % of the shares. If he can get away with it, he is my hero!

Cheers,

soongmak

Guest lazyphil

This guy is a piece of work isn't he?--Lets hope they think up some good piss take songs so if he ever goes to Anfield to see them play he can LOSE HIS PRECIOUS FACE!

Any new song has competition from one of my old faves when West Ham used to sing 'We have di Canio, you stole the stereos'

You know footie fans, they'll degenerate to the lowest common denominator and use some anti Thai or stereotype lyrics. It will be interesting to hear what the mancs or the blue side of merseyside come up with. Us Arsenal fans will be our usual epitome of etiquette and good breeding. ::

i see that the latest news is that the deal is signed and sealed.

the Thai's are telling the whole World that they have 30% in the Team.

but no confirmation from Liverpool yet.

i see that Thaksin has declared he is a Liverpool supporter(after declaring he was a Man Utd supporter in the past)and has said he is willing to buy into another Club if Liverpool turn him down.

that doesn't seem very loyal to me.

Former Man Utd supporter, eh? Typical. Lazyphil, me obessesed? I wouldn't call telling the taxi driver he'll get a 300 baht tip if he got me to the hotel in time to catch the Arsenal v. Chelsea game last year and after doing so, telling my teelok she'll have to wait till after the game for any shenanigans and her cursing me that the first thing I do after a 17 hour flight to Thailand is watch football and not call her and that her only way of pissing me off is saying 'F**k Arsenal, I love Man Yoo', you wouldn't call that obesessive, would you?

I hear he wants 2 seats and the board is offering one. How many seats are on the LFC board? Also, since it will be partially government owned what if someone else later on hostile to the deal is elected PM?

I am really curious to see how many Thais stay Man Utd fans after this.

Archived