Another crazy falang's suicide ?

MaakSiDa

Let?s be pragmatic about this. There you are in Pattaya. Past your prime. Your ex-wife back in Falangland wants nothing to do with you. She has sold your house and taken the kids who knows where. Some lawyers want to talk to you about alimony payments. Your Thai girlfriend laughed when you caught her screwing her Thai boyfriend and the bar you thought you owned has been boarded up by Russian gangsters. The Tourist Police know nothing about it but they notice that your visa has expired. Rent is due on your apartment and you are scared to open your latest credit card statement. There is nothing worth watching on TV and the bottle of Thai whisky you just drank hasn?t helped much. What to do?

Look for a way out of course. The window is a possibility but it?s not really high enough to guarantee a final solution. Ah hah! What about that plastic Carrefour bag left over from your girlfriend's last shopping trip (happy days). Handy little suffocation tool that. Looks easy enough. Just stick it on your head, tape it tight around your neck and off you go. But what if you have second thoughts just before you black out and decide to rip it off? Going to have to tie your hands together behind your back so you aren?t tempted. That is when you realize those evenings in the Boy Scout hut weren?t wasted after all. There is a knot?you can?t remember the name?but you make a noose with your shoelaces and try it out on your ankles. You get them tied together, pull it tight and bingo it only slides one way!

You are feeling better already. A quick trip to the hawng nam then it?s on with the bag and tape, shoelace noose in place behind the back with one end tied to your big toe, straighten the leg and the deed is done. Your last thought before you slip away to oblivion?this will give those bloody Thai police some extra paperwork and keep those bastards at nanplaza.com talking for weeks?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But why has the Balcony Drop so fallen out of favour in Pattaya??? They have gone to so much trouble to build high hotel and condo complexes all with balconies and then offer special discounted rates to recently-divored/seperated/business-failed/last-dollar middle-age farang males for rooms in the higher levels - and these people don't take advantage of the situation!?

It's much easier for all concerned parties if you were just found on the ground below, as this is always accidental or death by simple misadventure or suicide. Perhaps hotels and condos for long-term rental to farangs should now come provided with a special pack - a single, thick garbage bag you can't bite through, 6ft of packing tape that you can't ever find the end of to undo if you change your mind, a very tough boot shoelace to self-bind your hands(with instructions in several languages), and a large sock to stuff down your throat first so as not to cause inconvenience to your neighbours whilst you are screaming for your last breath... :: :: :: And of course, never ever leave a suicide letter just to really keep everyone less suspicious of the curcumstances of your passing...

I was thinking just the same thing as the "assisted" suicide from several floors up. After last year's regular appearance on the front of the Pattaya Mail, flying off the balcony deaths seem very thin on the ground this year.

This bag and hands tied thing brings to mind Michael Hutchence and a Conservative MP some years back. Sort of bag on head, apple up the arse type of things.

Hi,

"the article stated that they have more or less ruled out suicide."

No, it does not and they have not.

The article says: "Initial police suspicions have not ruled out suicide".

Notice the 'not' in there.

And further down it says: "In all cases suicide was more-or-less ruled as the cause"

Sounds to me that they said that in all cases it was suicide.

Sanuk!

I will tell you six years ago I met our county pathologist who told me he was offered a contract to work for the police dept in BKK. This was after he somehow got involved in a few cases over here.

He said he thought about it but with good consciousness he didn't take the job because what he observed and dealt with during his working time in BKK was "laughable and clueless". He called it "a joke of a program". He felt he would become too frustrated in trying to set-up a genuine program. He felt there wasn't the commitment, knowldge, resources or openess to establish a quality program.

Now that was six years so maybe they did eventually hired outside people who could help them in improving their ability in doing crime scenes. But then again, this is LOS and thais aren't known as swift change agents. So many things just become circular maybe with a different facade but without profound and meaningful change especially based on foreign ideas and concepts.....

Anyway, it sure left me with a "not-too-confident" picture regarding forensic medicine in LOS....

Cardinalblue

>>>And further down it says: "In all cases suicide was more-or-less ruled as the cause"

Sounds to me that they said that in all cases it was suicide.<<<

oh, well, seems that i have to pick up on my dyslexia classes. ::

anyhow, i still state that to make any judgement we would need more information than the article has provided us with. in which fashion were the hands tied, etc.

i do not make any judgement either way as i have neither been at the scene, now have i the necessary qualifications to make such a judgement.

and as far as i know, nobody in this discussion has.

Archived