Pay girl outta the bar (pay out discussion)

cardinalblue

To my knowledge, there is no commitment or contract between the girl and her place of employment.

It is just another way of milking the customer. Keep in mind that this bar driven and the naive girl if she is fairly new is just a pawn in the process.

The girl can terminate her employment any time. She might not be able to go back if she quits without notice or good reason but the bottom line is if the girl brings in customers, they will take her back.

There is very few business ethics in this business. Its about making money at whoevers expense.

You shouldn't pay a dime or 10 baht if you are going to take her out indefinately meaning she is quitting the business for now...until the relationship goes south and she returns to that bar or another one.

I have seen it so many times that it is actually tragic.....

cardinalblue

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you want to take a girl out of my bar and have her stop work, then you pay. One reason is that you are taking away future profits from my bar as the girl will no longer be there to attract future customers.

Also, we have invested time and money in getting the girls to their current position. In addition, their accommodation may be somehow linked to the bar, they may owe money and a million other things which the general punter is and should never be aware of.

Of course, the girl will get some of the cash, just as she would get some of the barfines.

Sure there is no legally binding contract and sure, the girl "can" leave whenever she wants but only the stupid burn their bridges because when you get a reputation for fucking your bosses over, you are consigned to freelancing.

The trick, is to keep the girls happy, to try and make it a two way relationship between boss and worker and be decent in what you pay and how you treat them. Educate them that a dickhead farang may promise XYZ but you will lose your job and any accrued salary. Most soon realise where their long term bread is buttered.

Hi,

"One reason is that you are taking away future profits from my bar as the girl will no longer be there to attract future customers."

No offence, but that is a a load of bullshit. We are talking about human beings here, not cattle or property.

While I am well aware that there may be some costs / debts that need settling, suggesting that the money is to cover future profits is just plain ridiculous.

What happens if a girl after 2-3 months decide that she doesn't like the work and quits. Do you hit her up with a 10,000 Baht 'leaving fee' as well? After all, she is at that point also 'taking away future profits from your bar'.

Sanuk!

If you want to take a girl out of my bar and have her stop work, then you pay. One reason is that you are taking away future profits from my bar as the girl will no longer be there to attract future customers.

Also, we have invested time and money in getting the girls to their current position. In addition, their accommodation may be somehow linked to the bar, they may owe money and a million other things which the general punter is and should never be aware of.

I'll second it. Bullshit.

Quote:

"No offence, but that is a a load of bullshit. We are talking about human beings here, not cattle or property.

This is about the best statement I have heard on this board!

This sounds so much like the scams used in human trafficking that many would consider this to be a place where humans are trafficked.

Bullshit.

---------------------

I don't know, it seems to me evryone is a free agent in that story, and can make their own decisions. Once the girl leaves the bar, there is no assurance she will be back the day after, or that the bar owner can control her every move. Now, Torrenova thinks he should be compensated for the loss of his employee not being around, if she is to come back to work at the bar. Why should he be thrown words at for thinking like that? It's his side of the business.

I also think that he is probably the first to know, the scene is as much based on bullshit than on sex, and i don't mean to offend him. Bullshit before he came in it, and B. long after he'll be gone. He's tagging along....

Hi,

"Now, Torrenova thinks he should be compensated for the loss of his employee not being around, if she is to come back to work at the bar."

No, he wants to be compensated for an employee leaving. This is irregardless of her coming back or not.

And it is only required if there is a customer involved.

You don't see this kind of stuff happening in any other business do you? I mean do department stores and / or offices tell people that they need to pay like a month's pay so their girlfriend can stop working there? Not bloody likely.

I can understand that there may be unresolved finanical issues, but this should not (and very likely is not) related to a 10K buy out for loss of future profits.

Sanuk!

I can understand that there may be unresolved finanical issues

I cannot understand that. To my knowledge, BG's are not paid in advance, do not receive monetary training, buy their own costumes, and are expected to pay for health checks. If they aren't around at the end of the month they don't get paid anything at all--not even a prorated amount. They get their salary docked if they don't show up on time everyday, don't generate enough barfines, don't generate enough ladydrinks, or other things. I've yet to hear of a bar setting up a business model where the bar gives an advance and need compensated for it. I think the question of "what happens if she goes back to the village" is the most valid counter argument to this whole notion of a huge bar payoff needed.

Hi,

I never heard of BGs borrowing from the bars - if they need money they borrow from friends in same or other bar - but they owe money to the bar for beers and drinks, sometimes also for fines for not working or refusing to go with customer!

elef

Archived