Pay girl outta the bar (pay out discussion)

cardinalblue

elef said:

I never heard of BGs borrowing from the bars .....

Hi elef,

It happens, for sure, as an advance of salary.

There are money lenders as well. I believe the going rate is to pay back a loan in instalments of 5% a day over 24 days. That is a total of 120% payback, for those who can't count.

Khwai

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

Girls can and frequently do get advances on their salary ... in some bars at least.

I have seen it happen when talking to the owner of a certain group of bars. He checks their "clock cards" to see how many days they've worked so far that month, how many barfines they've had already etc, and based on that information, will advance them money from their salary.

These are not isolated cases either as I have seen it happen on many many occaisions.

Caveat: I do not know if this happens in every bar, but the above examples come from a large bar group.

Cheers

farangman

khunsanuk said:

Hi,

While I am well aware that there may be some costs / debts that need settling, suggesting that the money is to cover future profits is just plain ridiculous.

What happens if a girl after 2-3 months decide that she doesn't like the work and quits. Do you hit her up with a 10,000 Baht 'leaving fee' as well? After all, she is at that point also 'taking away future profits from your bar'.

Sanuk!

i can say just: Bravo! :applause:

pattaya127 said:

Bullshit.

---------------------

Once the girl leaves the bar, there is no assurance she will be back the day after, or that the bar owner can control her every move.

Assurance to a bargirl from a bar owner, come on - this is a joke, isn it?

Please show me a bargirl with a working contract :hubba:

Not a reply to anyone in particular but my comments generated a good few replies.

In a perfect world, there would be contracts, responsibility, duty and the like in terms of employing people to work in a bar. You all know that such does not work in the sector we are talking about nor does it work in Thailand in general in low end jobs.

For those who question the buy out fee. Read any good text on recruitment and you will see that you do not get the best performance from new staff on day one. You have to train them, even if they have done the same or a similar job before. In the bar game, you cannot pay someone a lower wage "unitl they come up to speed". Thus you are subsidising them in the beginning against future performance.

There are also numerous other reasons why this cost exists but for the main, those reasons are not for the punter to worry about or fret over. Its the same as a high bar fine. If you don't want to pay or its out of your league then you move on.

Now lets not have a barrage of flames but try and see the point. As for not liking the system or that of barfines, well all I can say is that I agree with you. Unfortunately, the public is not willing to pay drinks prices which are high enough to pay for all the pretty ladies they want to see - period. Sure, in the beginning, I think barfines were probably just invented by an enterprising soul to raise extra cash. Now, they are part and parcel of the game. If I had no barfines I would have no girls and if I put the drinks prices up to cover the loss, well, you guys would be the first to complain. Oh yes, without barfines, the girls would want more cash.

There are some establishments operating in the P4P scene which would not look too kindly upon anyone who did not pay to take a girl out of the bar/go-go/massage parlour.

I am not talking about operations such as mine but some view the girls as theirs, even though the girl has gone to work and continues to work there freely.

In some, it could be the last mistake you make to attempt to take a girl out without compensating the proprietor for his loss.

Not a very nice thought but a very real one nevertheless.

Hi khwaimaisabai,

as farangman already described those advances of salary are just prepaying of money already earned not borrowing. I just know one barowner very well and she would never borrow a BG a single baht, because when they walk away she never knows if she will ever see them again. OK, if they pledge gold she can borrow them money, but gold is often needed if borrowing from friends also by the same reason. :devil:

elef

Sometimes you haven't got an option but to "advance" the girl money. If they have nowhere to live you have to open a room and pay a deposit. Other times they arrive with no money for food. Usually small sums sure, but opening a room is 5k (for up to 3/4 girls).

Talking here mainly about girls from the jungle, not seasoned pros who have been sacked/booted out/left their previous employment.

Hi torrenova,

she's thai, but still she has a long queu of girls waiting to join the staff. 2 years ago she built a house inside Pattaya, she didn't like it so there now her son stays, instead she built a new one in the outskirts for 6 millions including furniture!

Archived