Pay girl outta the bar (pay out discussion)

cardinalblue

>>>Wow, Fly. We agree 100% on something!<<<

well, i tell you where i'm coming from:

regardless my feelings on the effects of sextourism here and prostitution in thailand, i do believe that the way how the business is handled generally in that small scene of nana, patpong and soi cowboy (and assorted small beer bar areas) is for the women involved the least exploitative i have so far come across. yes, there are perils, and there are some not so nice things happening, which is to be expected in such a scene. but still, in comparism to most other scenes of redlight the abuses are minimal.

and personally, i hardly care about "consumer protection" in those bars, especially if it is against the wellbeing of those girls.

every scam i have seen people to get enraged about are simple things people could easily avoid by being smart. hell, i can even walk in any covercharge bar in patpong, and i promise you that i will not pay any undue covercharge.

if one walks into any bar in any redlight district and thinks that the rules of his citicen world apply is a fool.

i do beleive that sextourism and prostitution have very bad effects on the society in general, and especially on the villagesocieties, but that is a separate issue from how the business in those bars are handled.

prostitution here is a fact that will not go away soon, any change of laws which does curb the business of those bars we talk about here will be directly responsible for putting those girls into far worse working conditions, as long as there is not a long term program done first to repay the damage done to the villages over the last decades.

the issue of prostitution in thailand is very complicated. most visitors have only the very narrowminded view of the punter, and every change of that business is only judged according to how it might affect their opportunities to get laid.

personally, i don't give a fuck about that viewpoint, i do look foremost at the individuals emploeyed there, and at the environment where those employees come from.

so, if a punter pays 10K or not, is from my position completely irrelevant as long as long as the girls have no disadvantage.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>it often is not just the better conditions, but the clanoriented village society - if you look at most bars you will see that there are one or several all interrelated groups of girls. that gives them security and a feeling of home. most girls from upcountry would rather choose the bar she works according to the amount of relatives than to the favourable conditions.

Fly, we both know that. Many others do as well.

However, thanks for bringing up the point.

Some may find your post informative. I believe it is.

Back to the discussion.

It was about the "exit fee" from the bar.

>>>It was about the "exit fee" from the bar. <<<

that is why in the case of the bar where your girlfriend worked is a bit dubious for me. she was somewhat pressured into paying that as she could not have went back (as you stated) if things went wrong with you. there was a bit of pressure applied, just because she could otherwise not have wroked anymore in a place with the protection of friends/relatives.

the places i am aware of which do have that fee are not that anal about it. if someone pays, good for the bar (and if the girl gets a share also good for the girl), and if not no issue is made out of it.

>that is why in the case of the bar where your girlfriend worked is a bit dubious for me. she was somewhat pressured into paying that as she could not have went back (as you stated) if things went wrong with you.

Naah. She was not under any pressure outside of her mind set. She was not ANY different.

The only pressure was - I might disappear.

They see that everyday. Not every girl but among 100 girls in the bar, weekly, some would disappear and one or two would come back to work.

After having an affair with a farang.

well, that's why i only said 'a bit' dubious.

hardly a case to make an issue out of.

>>>>They see that everyday. <<<

and that is what many punters do not see. for them it's the isolated case of having found the true love. a girl after having been burned is often a bit more cautious in her approach, or from the beginning just sees it as an extension of her profession which will last only as long as she keeps benefitting financially or until she is bored.

basically, the 10K issue is more or less a complete nonissue, other than in the eye of an inexperienced pussystruck punter.

I mean do department stores and / or offices tell people that they need to pay like a month's pay so their girlfriend can stop working there? Not bloody likely.

--------------------------

I agree, that's why i said Bullshit is at a premium in P4P. I guess it's in the cards because it's worked many times before, more than Torrenova owning the girl or making an outlandish comment. I mean, there's a bit of pimping involved in being a bar owner.

TTM:

A few months later she said she had to do that because if I changed my mind and left her, she wanted to be able to get back into the known and friendly environment.

----------------------------------

In a way you point out at how it's a bit skewed as a business practice. basically, your GF having not gone back, she should get her money back. IMO. No way that would happenee, but that's my point. Not the fairest scene.

Also, she could go back (without working) and see her friends.

----------------------

This surprises me. Maybe again, the scene is a lot harder in BKK, I dunno. I know many girls who left their bar/gogo in Pattaya, no bahts paid and get back to visit and have a drink with old friends there, including bar owner and mamasan.

IMO, no one has to pay anything, they are just co-erced in doing it, go with it, and that's why it's still happening.

[color:"green"] In the bar game, you cannot pay someone a lower wage "unitl they come up to speed". Thus you are subsidising them in the beginning against future performance. [/color]

THIS IS A LOAD OF BS! If the girl does not meet BF quota or LD quota their pay gets docked, ie, effectively a lower wage.

As a counter example, it takes heck of lot more effort to train a waitress but there is certainly no 10K fee if she decides to leave.

Just be honest. It is just another bar scam. :down:

I realize this is a common practice in many bars. I have even heard of bars offering a "bounty" on girls who see customer after work. That is, if one girl reports another, she gets a commission on the salary cut...this sucks! So what happens if 2 or 3 or 6 guys all pay this "buy ouy" fee? who has priority when they all show up? Does the girl still get her salary if she is on a 2 month holiday with the guy who pays this fee? And what if a girl who works in a bar has a Boyfriend, who knows she works there and doesn't care? is he supposed to pay this also, so he can see her or live with her? is it the same rules for Thai boy friends as for farangs? I agree this is a bullshit fee...what a girl does after work, is her business...

Old Hippie said:

I realize this is a common practice in many bars. I have even heard of bars offering a "bounty" on girls who see customer after work. That is, if one girl reports another, she gets a commission on the salary cut...this sucks! So what happens if 2 or 3 or 6 guys all pay this "buy ouy" fee? who has priority when they all show up? Does the girl still get her salary if she is on a 2 month holiday with the guy who pays this fee? And what if a girl who works in a bar has a Boyfriend, who knows she works there and doesn't care? is he supposed to pay this also, so he can see her or live with her? is it the same rules for Thai boy friends as for farangs? I agree this is a bullshit fee...what a girl does after work, is her business...

Yup, lots of BS.

If my ex GF who worked a gogo had mentioned that I was living with her, I would have had to either Pay Barfine daily, or buy her out of bar if she wanted to keep working. If I pay her out of bar, she still gets that months salary (which you have basically paid for) and comes back to work no problem if you break up. If I failed to pay bf, they deducted it from her salary. :(

The girls are ONLY there to make money for the bar. as far as the owner is concerned.

PS, If she had had a Thai BF or husband none of the above applies. :cussing:

shygye said: THIS IS A LOAD OF BS! If the girl does not meet BF quota or LD quota their pay gets docked, ie, effectively a lower wage.

As a counter example, it takes heck of lot more effort to train a waitress but there is certainly no 10K fee if she decides to leave.

Just be honest. It is just another bar scam. :down:

I am sorry to say that you are talking crap and with either limited or no knowledge. You have heard the urban rumour (which does exist in some places) and swallowed it whole.

I do not cut anyone for not getting barfined or not getting enough lady drinks. I have no barfine or lady drink quotas. In fact, I refuse to let the girls hustle too hard for lady drinks as they do in other bars and go-gos.

As I have gone through before, there is no scam, only punters who will not pay what we would have to charge for drinks were all the barfine, buyouts and lady drinks etc. abolished.

Archived