Pay girl outta the bar (pay out discussion)

cardinalblue

Hi,

"Read any good text on recruitment and you will see that you do not get the best performance from new staff on day one. You have to train them, even if they have done the same or a similar job before. In the bar game, you cannot pay someone a lower wage "unitl they come up to speed". Thus you are subsidising them in the beginning against future performance."

And how long does this training go on? At what point to you get return on investment? A week, a month?

And why is the buy out fee then still required *after* this date?

"There are also numerous other reasons why this cost exists but for the main, those reasons are not for the punter to worry about or fret over."

Okay, enlighten us. I am sure there are many people here, including myself, who would be interested in what these reasons are.

"In some, it could be the last mistake you make to attempt to take a girl out without compensating the proprietor for his loss."

I fail to see how this makes the practice okay then.

Sanuk!

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sometime you get no return on your investment, either time or actual cash. You have to balance that out over time and its a numbers game. Somtimes you get a brilliant return.

Its not an exact science and as I stated, I wish that all the things like buy outs, barfines and I'll even include lady drinks didn't exist. Any buy out fee would remain forever and actually would/should increase as the "value" of the girl to the business becomes higher. All you can do to keep the girls is pay them good wages, give them good working conditions and try to keep them happy. Then they won't leave.

In any case, buy outs are rare and I've only been tentatively asked a couple of times and that was more out of curiosity than anything.

As for the internal machinations of a bars finances then I'm not going to open up the book on that one as speculation and conjecture are far more interesting I assure you.

As for the shady practices of some establishments, I do not condone what they do, but as someone who hires and fires, I have to be sure that there is not going to be some pissed off ex boss who wants to accuse me of poaching his staff. Bt5/10k is enough to have me or anyone else bumped off.

Quote:

"Now, Torrenova thinks he should be compensated for the loss of his employee not being around, if she is to come back to work at the bar."

Sounds like an endentured servent!

Torrenova, please read todays NATION newspaper in regards to how Japan is handling their problem of illegals. They have posted on their immigration site that they are seeking out informants. In today's world, those that tetter on the human flesh peddling market are not looked upon very good. In Thailand, a falang may have legal permission to be in the country but if they are involved in the prostitution business, they can be deported and black listed.

You should realize that this forum is open to the whole world and the majority of the world is feed up with those who make a living off the flesh of women.

>You should realize that this forum is open to the whole world and the majority of the world is feed up with those who make a living off the flesh of women.

OK, fourth time over last 3+ years that I am posting the same thing. Here it goes again:

My gf bought her "exit" from the bar at NEP for 10K without telling me.

A few months later she said she had to do that because if I changed my mind and left her, she wanted to be able to get back into the known and friendly environment. Also, she could go back (without working) and see her friends.

Another girl, from the same bar, paid the same fee (10K), to the very same bar 3 times within 2 years. All 3 times the "rescuers" got cold feet and left her after 14, 6, 4 months. She was a live-in gf to them in BKK.

If they do it themselves, it must be legitimate. Something like leaving your company for another one with paying one month salary for the right to come back at any time.

May feel like a bullshit to me, but they do that off their own money. Could be, the bar was oferring beter conditions than other places. :dunno:

MightyMouse

Bars are not brothels, unlike say Eden. We make money selling beer. Boys want pretty girls to look at and talk to, not too different to the classic english serving wench of times past or the busty barmaind which serve beer in pubs and bars across the world.

You, the punter wants it so we supply it. What the girls do outside the bar is none of my business. If you want to remove from of my staff on an evening, there is a cost to me. So there comes in the barfine.

I wish we didn't have to do it but unless guys are prepared to pay substancially more for their beer then its here to stay.

Obviously if the demand disappears, then so will the supply. Can I presume from your last comment that you will not be venturing into any establishments other than for inbibing only ?

well, as long as no undue pressure is put on the girl in question of the 10K barfine i don't really see any problem with it.

a case i see as unacceptable would be if she would want to quit for whatever reason and still would be forced to pay.

what i can see in the bars where i am familiar with the owners is that this fee is not enforced. a girl who quits can quit any day, a girl who seriously is in love with some guy does not need to force her boyfriend to pay that money.

only, one has to understand that maybe some bloke falls "in love" with his holiday romance, but for her it's just a part of her business - giving the "girlfriend experience". she, most of the time, expects to be back in the bar after some time, the love of her life is mainly someone who provides her, her husband, and her family with certain luxuries.

a barowner is just taking part of that game, and in the cases where the girl gets a share of the 10K, he even opens another option to earn money. perfectly legit according to the rules of that greyzone business. as long as the girl is not under pressure no harm is done other to the naiv punter's wallet (who, with a minimum of communication skills would also be able to chat up some bird).

some may scream scam, but basically the whole business could be then called a scam - paying money for an act you would get as a natural part of a relationship without coughing up dough. ;)

i am not saying that all is nice in that business, far from it, some bars do put undue pressure on girls, but as long as it's just a punter,... well..., his fault if he does not inform himself before getting involved in something which is over his head. it's not like that he is forced by anyone to enter a bar and to waste his emotions on someone who obviously has a different agenda.

>>>May feel like a bullshit to me, but they do that off their own money. Could be, the bar was oferring beter conditions than other places. <<<

the case of the bar your girlfriend worked i would consider as a bit dubious.

it often is not just the better conditions, but the clanoriented village society - if you look at most bars you will see that there are one or several all interrelated groups of girls. that gives them security and a feeling of home. most girls from upcountry would rather choose the bar she works according to the amount of relatives than to the favourable conditions.

>>>>You should realize that this forum is open to the whole world and the majority of the world is feed up with those who make a living off the flesh of women. <<<

problem here is that prostitution is existing. and not only because men force women into that job, but often because societies as thailand have very few options if you are born poor, and some actually do like that job (beats me why, but up to them).

a place which connects prostitutes with their clients can is nothing else than that. it can be a place of abuse, and it can be a place of protection for those women who otherwise would work under far worse conditions.

i would guess that most here agree that places of indentured prostitution are an aberation which should not exist.

but a 10K fee a customer is asked to pay, but is easily avoided if the girl and the customer don't want to, and where there is no retribution in that case. that hardly falls under the definition of indentured prostitution.

it all depends how the individual propriators handle the issue, so it has to be looked at individually.

Wow, Fly. We agree 100% on something!

My opinion is that if the girl is truly wants to be your girlfriend, she would not even consider paying this "fee." It's just part of the game to seperate a punter from his money.

BTW, the couple of bars where I know how they handle this do not give any of it to the girls. Of course, they do not get any of the barfine either...

Torrenova -- Puhleeze! IF you really think your bar, that has girls for hire and charges barfines, is anything more than a brothel that serves drinks, you need to stop rationalizating and go see a shrink. It's a brothel...you're a pimp...end of story.

Cheers,

SD

If you want to take a girl out of my bar and have her stop work, then you pay. One reason is that you are taking away future profits from my bar as the girl will no longer be there to attract future customers.

This argument could be applied to any employee in any industry. If an individual starts dating a girl from McDonalds, is he under an obligation to pay MacDonalds if she leaves her job as crew member, after all they have invested in a degree of training..

STH

Archived