Train Crash in Thailand Today?

MooNoi

Anyone hear about a train crash in northern Thailand today?

(Monday 17th May). Heard a whisper about it, and have a friend travelling to Phitsanulok by train today so any information would be appreciated.

Can't find anything on the web about it. (Sorry if its a false alarm, but just want to know one way or the other).

Cheers,

Fly P.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FP,

Yes, I'm afraid there was a traincrash. The BKK-Sukhothai train crashed halfway near Nakhon Sawan (I believe in Takri). No deaths or serious injuries among the passengers have been reported yet.

I'm sure your friend is OK.

P.S. sorry, no links available, heard it from my girl last night.

Thanks, Zaad, (and thanks Torrenova for checking on your usual sites - appreciate it).

I actually thought you might know something about it being located where you are.

I managed to ring my friend and they're are ok. They were travelling in the last carriage. They said the front carriage was a mess though, and there will be a deathtoll. Apparently it was a hell of a smash.

Thanks for posting though - owe you a beer in August!

Sorry Zaad...

One last post and I'll leave you alone!

I re-read my post and yes, it read incorrectly. Kloster isn't Oz - unfortunately! My favourite beer world-wide I have to say. But will try and bring you some good Oz beer when I head up your way, which I intend to do.

Kloster is brewed in Thailand, and is supposed to be a Swiss or German beer, I'm not sure. I have never heard of Kloster in Europe and no one's been able to tell me if it is actually European or a copy.

Anyway, might put a post on the "FOOD" thread!

See you.

Fly.

Hi,

there a many Kloster beers in Europe! As kloster is the german word for monastery it's included in many beer brands!

The thai Kloster beer is the one I never drink, if no other beer is available I drink cola or water! :devil:

elef

Archived