Train Crash in Thailand Today?

MooNoi

Fly,

I'm a bit puzzled by this train crash.

My girl heard it from a colleague who heard it from a friend of a friend etc etc... whatever. Fact is that such incidents are almost immediately reported but she hasn't been able to find any info yet. It's been a day already, that's way TOO LONG for media people and perhaps already considered as 'old' news.

I wonder why the fucking mystery.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Zaad.

Me too. I have just checked the net again and can't find any reports on it at all. Weird.

Thought it would have been on Bangkok Post website at least. Can't find anything on CNN or BBC World sites either.

Fly P.

Afuel-tanker train smashed into an 18-wheel trailer truck loaded with gravel, igniting an inferno at a railway crossing in Chon Buri yesterday morning.

The above was posted in the Bangkok Post site. Cannot get any further information due to not being registered to read the news.

No mention of passengers.

Thanks for the update Hamok, but wrong crash.

I spoke to my friend today. It happened near Nakhon Sawan about 250km north of Bangkok. It was a three-car sprinter train they were on, (which are the fastest of all the trains in Thailand), and they hit a truck at a level crossing. Luckily, my friend and her travelling companions were in the rear carriage. Most in the front carriage passengers taken to hospital apparently, but it turns out no fatalaties thank goodness.

Cheers,

Fly P.

• 7 years later...

Sorry for the late reply as I'm in Mae Ramat with a louzy wireless connection.

16:33h yesterday I was phoned by a friend in that train. All of a sudden an explosion and a along the train spreading fire. Passengers were bump-sliding off the railway-traject.

A smaal lorry loaded with aircos and might be gas collided into the train on an unguarded crossing near Nong Tom (between Uttaradit and Phitsanulok).

Some wounded passengers with burns being treaded along the traject. Two fire-brigade lorries started extinguishing but had a bit of problems with hoses which were too short. Around ten rescue-vehicles were instasntly there. It seemed that the driver wasn't injured or dead because it has said that he fled the place of the collision as "normal" in Thailand. As there arrived a black car and the people started searching along the train my friend thought that they were looking for body-remains. Ladders were put against the front-wagon which was disconnected from the rest of the train; the train was pushed by hand backwards. The people were transported by busses to their destination. The train was already heavily delayed because didn't showed up in Chiangmai and the passengers had to be transported to another railway-station. (track rain problems??)

Archived