world's shortest visa run

for those of you that are dual nationals (dual citizens) or others who carry two valid passports (for whatever reason), just go to the airport and spin your away around immigration

first, buy a refundable ticket to any international destination- proceed to check-in and departure immigration- then do some duty-free shopping and walk over to arrivals, fill out an arrival card with a just landed inbound flight number and present your other passport for new visa-

then get unused ticket refunded or reticketed for 30 days later - can go on indefinetely-

best to carry some baggage with you and make sure the flight you put on your arrival card actually has people in line already at immigration

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't imagine how that would work, you have to check in don't you? and then not get on the plane which means considerable inconvenience to the airline and delays for everyone while they try and search for you. Then do you think the airline is going to give you your money back after you have checked in ? Plse tell me you are pulling our tit.

Can't imagine how that would work, you have to check in don't you? and then not get on the plane which means considerable inconvenience to the airline and delays for everyone while they try and search for you. Then do you think the airline is going to give you your money back after you have checked in ? Plse tell me you are pulling our tit.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I know a few people who have done that.

No inconvenience to anyone, you phone up and cancel, go and get your coupon back hand the ticket in for refund. If you do it all in a 24 hour period the refund is really quick.

thaihome-

as for the boarding pass, it's required to leave thailand, not enter- as for the typing that goes into the computer, it's doesn't make any difference- these are two separate passports with different numbers and bar codes etc-

the people who do this are called "spinners" and there are plenty of them - just thought i'd mention it because i haven't seen anyone else talk about it

Sounds like a story for the fiction books guys. How do you get from the Departure section into the Arrival section ? You can't just walk between the two without breaking through the airport security. Think about it, when you arrive you are immediately in the arrival section, and have no access to go anywhere until you clear immigration. When you depart (after immigration), you have no access to move into the arrival section, in Bangkok it is even on different floors.

Sure, James Bond could do it, but a normal person wouldn't have a chance.

[ July 19, 2001: Message edited by: Pom Michael ]

Sounds like a story for the fiction books guys. How do you get from the Departure section into the Arrival section ? You can't just walk between the two without breaking through the airport security. Think about it, when you arrive you are immediately in the arrival section, and have no access to go anywhere until you clear immigration. When you depart (after immigration), you have no access to move into the arrival section, in Bangkok it is even on different floors.

Sure, James Bond could do it, but a normal person wouldn't have a chance.

___________________________________-

I suggest next time you pass through Bangkok you have a walk around. You are stating things that are 100% not true.

quote:

I know a few people who have done that.

No inconvenience to anyone, you phone up and cancel, go and get your coupon back hand the ticket in for refund. If you do it all in a 24 hour period the refund is really quick.

So the situation is you have checked in, Right, got your boarding pass, the airline has taken the coupon out of your ticket, go through immigration and THEN phone the airline to cancel !!!! and you will believe that they calmly give you your money back, Rubbish !!! Aside from the fact that you have to traverse from one secure area to another.

Fatbarstard quotes

So the situation is you have checked in, Right, got your boarding pass, the airline has taken the coupon out of your ticket, go through immigration and THEN phone the airline to cancel !!!! and you will believe that they calmly give you your money back, Rubbish !!! Aside from the fact that you have to traverse from one secure area to another.

_____________________________-

There are couple of staircases in between the areas it is not a secure area. Except in the sense you need to have arrived on an aircraft, you check in and go through using your passport or you work at the airport and have the relevant pass to enter the area.

I suggest go and learn something about what you are talking about before you say Rubbish.

You obviously know nothing about either subject, Bangkok airport layout or Ticket refunds.

Ahh, So despite the fact that I have been in and out of the Bangkok airport on average 10 times a year for 15 years means "I know nothing about the subject"

The subject I know little about is putting people to extreme inconvenience and generally causing Chaos by not turning up for the flight that I was booked on. I have often wondered about the sort of people that cause the airline to issue frantic calls over the intercom and send their staff scurring around the airprort because they are too stupid to find their gate or maybe they are trying the scheme that you advocate. You have to be the sort of person that believes in fairies to think that this sort of this balmy scheme would work, unfortunatley some people believe in fairies.

Rictic, There is little point in getting personal, I been here a while and heard most of the bullshit stories that exist, so when I hear another, I just sup my beer say nothing and let it slide away.

Archived