Miss Red's Halftime Trip Report. May 2004

Redbaron

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Red,

Nice stories there. Really appreciate the stuff from the wife's viewpoint as well. Hey, I like the wife's phrase, "Chasing the buffalo"! Hope you don't mind if I swipe that as a story title one day? :-)

Thanks for posting your story. More please when you have the time. Always interested in seeing how the Thai ladies deal with being in farangland, and how the men deal with it as well. Haven't brought the wife to the states as yet. Soon though. Dealing with all the paperwork of adopting our daughter as well and will do it all at once.

Cent

RedB-

Congratulations on the good times you two are having and the apparent success of your GF in Oz.

Not only was your account well-written, but it makes an encouraging read for those of us who have experienced frustrations/delays in getting our loved ones to visit our native countries.

Thanks for including her comments, too. It's hard to have any idea what is happening in their minds- it's nice to be reminded that Thai womens' thoughts, desires and concerns aren't all that different from anybody else's.

Thanks guys,

She's keeping a diary almost daily which is a fantastic read (from this point of view). She's also continuing another update, just for you lads.

The trip to the zoo was a hoot, especially the Thai themed Elephant camp. Aquarium shopping has been amazing too.

More to come (from both of us) eventually.

Cent said:

Red,

Hey, I like the wife's phrase, "Chasing the buffalo"! Hope you don't mind if I swipe that as a story title one day? :-)

Go for it. She tells me it's a Thai phrase. Basically when someone's in a hurry - they're chasing the buffalo, or looking for buffaloes. In a rush (like at the shopping centres).

Whenever I'm a little impatient (be it walking, or stuck in traffic), I'm often asked by the better half, "Did you find it?" - refference to the buffalo.

Always lightens any tense situation.

Haven't been to the AFL, soccer's more our thing.

The only Thais we've met have been at the restaurant. She doesn't seem too keen to make the big trip to the temple in Forest Hill.

The zoo was great.. from her diary:

Australia Zoo

On sunday 23 I AM and K Redbaron go to the zoo not to far from the city. We are walking and looking around to see the animal many people because holiday. Some animal i'm never see before in Thailand some beautiful and some funny. many children they look excited and fun. I'm a bit tried because take a wrong shoe we are stop walk a little bit for lunch and then we see the Seal swiming look very happy swim swim and swim. then we go to the animal shop K Redbaron buy me some frog i like it beautiful and soft. 3.30 pm we already to back home tried but fun and happy.

Archived