M. Moore's "Fahreneit 9/11" wins at Cannes

pattaya127

CANNES, France (May 22) - American filmmaker Michael Moore's ''Fahrenheit 9/11,'' a scathing indictment of White House actions after the Sept. 11 attacks, won the top prize Saturday at the Cannes Film Festival.

''Fahrenheit 9/11'' was the first documentary to win Cannes' prestigious Palme d'Or since Jacques Cousteau's and Louis Malle's ''The Silent World'' in 1956.

''What have you done? I'm completely overwhelmed by this. Merci,'' Moore said after getting a standing ovation from the Cannes crowd.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Micheal Moore plays like he is a big lovable bear,

I would hate to get on his wrong side, he is pretty ruthless to get his point across,

All the bullshit a couple weeks ago that Disney would not show his film , this was known a year ago.

Like everything I am sure there is some truth in his movie ,

but I would not want to be betting which part is truth,

Micheal Moore got what he wanted, he played the Cannes crowd perfectly,

nothing like contoversy to sell as movie !

Looks as though the French are astute judges of character as well as good cooks and (supposedly) good lovers!

You should be proud! lol

cheers to ya pattaya127

Franky

With you on this one Chuck.

'Bowling for Columbine' could have been a better film imo, it lacked focus for me but this new film - well, anything that gets on the tits of Bush has to be a good thing.

In an interview he said that he had gone easy on Blair. He shouldn't have.

Last week in Parliament a couple of guys threw purple powder at Poodle Boy (laugh - I nearly shat. Geoff Hoon looked like he was about to start crying, the fucking muppet) but the timing was all wrong. Blair had just stood up to answer Michael Howard's questions on the 'relationship' with The Chimp and I really wanted to see him squirm.

carew66 said: Blair had just stood up to answer Michael Howard's questions on the 'relationship' with The Chimp and I really wanted to see him squirm.

Me too, I don't really understand this "special relationsip" crap. There must be some arm-twisting going on here, because Blair seems to be committing political suicide, and he may be a lot of things, but he isn't stupid - so what the fuck's going on??

:devil::beer::devil:

Oooooh goody...politics on the nep board. This won't last long so I'll get my kick in quick.

Seems to me that Bush is looking for a way out of the Iraq mess. Blair can't pull out before Bush does (BP won't let him for one thing) but either way he has to maintain the 'special relationship'. He's just trying to have it both ways that's all. No total committment to Europe and keep the Yanks happy. :)

Kind of sad when the media gushes over an idiot like Michael Moore.

Just a fat slob who couldn't even graduate high screwl.

We'd be a lot better off without without him that's for sure.

Archived