M. Moore's "Fahreneit 9/11" wins at Cannes

pattaya127

Sorry, I wouldn't spend my money to support that waste of oxygen Michael Moore.

I'm sure a lot of people will see it on account of all the free publicity he gets.

But personally I'd rather have my fingernails pulled out with pliers than sit through a Michael Moore movie.

Gwailo

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
chuckwoww said:

Ouch. But if you've never seen his movies how can you be sure he's 'just a fat slob who couldn't even graduate high screwl.'? Here are some hints...

http://www.dynamictruth.com/enemies/michaelmoore.html

http://www.dogeatdogfilms.com/books/mmbio.html

Because he never did finish high school.

I'm sorry that he's an idol of yours, but I don't waste my time on negative people such as him.

Gwailo

<I'm sorry that he's an idol of yours, but I don't waste my time on negative people such as him.>

LOL. No need to apologize. When did I say anything about Michael Moore being an idol of mine? I saw 'Roger and Me' and I tried to read one of Moore's books "White Guys Are Stupid" or something. Didn't think it was that great. I didn't see the Columbine movie. I definitely want to see "Fahrenheit 911" because I'm really interested in what's going on in America right now. I happen to think this Bush clown is pretty clueless. Maybe Moore has the answer, maybe not. Does the fact that he disagrees with Dubya's foreign policy make him a 'negative person'? I'll pay a few bucks to find out.

It does amuse me that somebody can dismiss Michael Moore as 'just a fat slob'. Especially when you admit you haven't seen any of his movies, so you must be getting your opinions second hand. Somebody you trust implicitly is telling you what to think. That kind of thinking (or non-thinking) strikes me as very, very strange and I'd be interested in hearing how it's done.

but I don't waste my time on negative people such as him.

--------------------------------

He may be off at times, but I personally feel sorry there's only one "negative" guy like him, right now, telling the other sides of the American Dream . We need 2 dozens like him, IMO.

That Michael Moore guy is an opportunist and hypocrite. One of his ex-employees followed Micheal around, just as Michael does and Michael Moore had the guy locked up....

Its very easy for bloated Michael Moore to walk in to GE and demand to see the CEO and make poor Mary Lou at reception look foolish..... I am sure Michael doesnt take callers unannounced does he....

STH

dvarpala said:

Me too, I don't really understand this "special relationsip" crap. There must be some arm-twisting going on here, because Blair seems to be committing political suicide, and he may be a lot of things, but he isn't stupid - so what the fuck's going on??

Maybe Blair has principles and believes in following them even though it will hurt him politically.

Yes, hard to believe about a politician, but it's not impossible.

<Maybe Blair has principles and believes in following them even though it will hurt him politically.>

Blair is a mystery to me. I can see all kinds of pragmatic reasons for going along with Bush but they do seem to share a certain religious/messianic streak. Blair especially comes across as sincere. I can't decide how genuine it is.....or does achieving the pinnacle of power mean that God must automatically be on your side? I still think BP has a lot to do with it. :)

Archived