Condoms and catching diseases

Guest baldrick

Fly and Pattaya127:

Wat Phra Ban Namphoo is a great isolated study outside speculative anthropology based on township experiences, or UN number crunching. Its a place where a broad grouping of Thai people come for care until their death.

As an aside I must agree with Pattaya127 that in most small villages I don't see fuck-shacks out behind watering holes. :cover:

The wat has several hundred patients in its wards in Lophburi from mostly central Thailand. The overwhelming number of them are men, and quite a few of the women are girls who got singsot and diseases later from their whore mongering husband.

Guys dying from AIDS are candid about this, alot of them will say they regret giving it to their wife, and know that they killed her in a painful way at that.

I would further venture that I don't think the cross-section provided here is strictly limited for socio-economic reasons or otherwise..

The wat has always had more men than women, and this exists not just this year but since the wat opened. Nurses there say whores[no offense] frequently nab quite alot of men once they catch the disease, and this gets ferried back to the wife. Consistent with the UN rubbish that Fly detests.

Couple this thinking with the rapid turnover due to deaths going on in the compound and you get a microcosm, and one that corroborates statistical findings on Thailand [the turnover is rapid becasue alot of people come for care after they have full blown AIDS already].

Add to this the fact that Thailand has far less men than women in the country statistically [not anthropologically] :grinyes:

I don't know... I agree that oversimplification is bad, but Fly I'm not feeling ya' on the rebuff, and I do hate NGO's and their trumped up reports 94% of the time.

the_numbers

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>>As long as the man is honest with the woman and the woman is competent to consent, he bears no more responsibility than she does. If she is not competent to consent, he should not have sex with her with or without a condom.

You have a point.

Aaaah, honesty in Thai-farang relations...

Is it to honest to lie that you are not married and don't have a gf in your home country?

Is it honest to speak of love when all you want is fun but you know you wouldn't get this girl if you would tell the truth?

Is it honest to call a girl gf when you really consider her a whore?

Is it honest to say you have been tested for STDs when you know you are not?

Is it honest to tell a girl you have only her (so no condoms) when really you have lots of STs?

These are so common lies that many farangs don't even think of it as a lie anymore.

I have never had to tell any of those lies.

http://www.herpes.ru/her/pat/gh/foto/herpes_penis_big.jpg

Hiv is not the only risk. Herpes is incurable. If you decide you would like a long term gf. How does the conversation go? Baby, you are beautiful and I love you and I hope it won`t affect `you and me`. But I have Herpes.

People who do not use condoms or pressure young girls not to are irresponsible. Fifty million people have Hiv now. Do you think you have not met one of them.

>>>More like a small town, then. in a village, there is no "out of the way". <<<

most villages (amphur) have a main village with a larger busstop, plolicestation, hospital and the larger market. surrounding that are the clanoriented subvillages (mu ban). these are often, depending on the size of the ampur in relatively far distances. there are "out of the way" places.

>>>Do you mean to say that most girl in the P4P scene of pattaya and BKK came as prostitutes already?<<<

i don't know if most, but judging from the villages i know very well, most girls who went to other provinces to work as prostitutes have already been at least semi-prostitutes in the village, before either going by themselves to the places where other women of the village already worked, or have been then contacted by the agents.

>>>As an aside I must agree with Pattaya127 that in most small villages I don't see fuck-shacks out behind watering holes.<<<

there are places. for an outsider often very difficult to find, but well known to the villagers themselves, or to the truckdrivers.

>>>The overwhelming number of them are men, and quite a few of the women are girls who got singsot and diseases later from their whore mongering husband.<<<

dunno, but when i was there i remember that the difference it number was not that overwhelming. and several of the girls i spoke with there got it from all sorts of reasons, husbands, tatooing, prostitution etc.

>>>Add to this the fact that Thailand has far less men than women in the country statistically [not anthropologically] <<<

i hope you do not try to built a relationship between AIDS and that. there are lots of other factors for that.

Wait a second fly... you were suggesting before that people were schmoozing with what you dubbed village 'hi-so' :cops, company workers, etcetera, and retiring to a fuck-shack of sorts... :: Now you're dancing a different way saying there are places in the moo ban for truck drivers to go... :dunno:

Obviously this is well known - hell Mae Sot and neighboring areas sometimes look like a massive truckstop basking in flickering neon. Even in the villages. The girls aren't lonely housewives they are prostitutes in a way sometimes more subtle than say an 'ow ab nuat' in Bangkok.

Now, I didn't anthropoligically determine how overwhelming the numbers were at the wat from browsing with my nose pointed at the AIDS patients :doah: I consulted with permanent staff. People who had been there many years at Wat Phra Ban Namphoo gave me the ratio of girls and boys in residence.

The point about singsot and the whore mongering husband giving them AIDS was a point that I think you missed. I was speaking with men who specifically know they gave it to their wives who are now ill as well. Staff admit that the transmission information from interviews in inconclusive as many girls do not always know where they got it, remember, and some even lie about it :(

However, a guy who got it found out, and watched his wife get HIV too is a pretty foolproof A to B case study. However, of course people get it from tattooing, but that's hardly an epidemic problem at this point in Thailand. I would say there's alot more unprotected sex going on that's dodgy than there is tattooing. Almost everyone fucks, what percent of the population has a tattoo?? Just a point :devil:

Anyway.. I'd like to hear any more elaborated argument about how the village 'truckstop' whores become Bangkok's finest dish on legs. Fly, in this discussion now - I'm assuming your refrerring to girls in the game, as opposed to those schmoozing with Thai cops.. and rustling off to the fuck-shack?!

the_numbers

In My Gf's case, then the village is moo ban, and the district itself, grouping many moo baans is 17 kms away, Non Thai. administrative town. I still think that philanderers would rather go to Korat to indulge.

There is a lot of prostitution, esp. grey zone, in Thailand, but it's hard to imagine common folks making an habit of it, in the village (including nearby "out of the way"). May happen of course, but behavioural in the way you say it, schmoozing and lifting one's skirts on the way back from the market as you need an extra 500 that week? Hum....

Same with prostitution choices started back in the village. Why not, but not "most". At least for the tourist scene, which of course is the tip of iceberg, you'll say accurately.

>>>>Anyway.. I'd like to hear any more elaborated argument about how the village 'truckstop' whores become Bangkok's finest dish on legs. <<<

it appears that you harbor certain illusions about the girls you fuck, and i sorry, i don't wanna destroy them. maybe you'll find out for yourself in a few years if you spend less time with the "experts" and more in the village.

and other than that, i am not willing to engage in a discussion where one thinks that sarcasm can hide ignorance. so, basically, go on being a parrot instead of using your own brain.

i am out of here.

>>>but it's hard to imagine common folks making an habit of it, in the village (including nearby "out of the way"). <<<

i have have translated your posts to the missus and she had a great laugh, and said that you should spent more time in the village. ;)

basically, it may be hard to imagine if you look at it from the face aspect. and unfortunately there are way too many studies which completely ignore those village realities. even researchers fall for thai romanticism - what should not be is not.

what can i say other than i do know that it is so.

anyhow, i don't like the turn this thread took, and i am not going to post anymore if it stays in that tone. i have better things to do than argue for the sake of arguing.

Archived